Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Beta Android 9/Pie for Note 9 - How to sign up?

(Topic created on: 11-11-2018 03:00 PM)
charleem
Apprentice
Options

Hi there!  

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I go about signing up to join the beta program, if there is one.

I'm in the UK, so I can't do it through Samsung+ as it's only availble in the USA and this is the only information I can find online about joining, I've been messing with the Samsung Members app all afternoon and I've probably been staring straight at it, but I just can't find it!

I'm using a Note 9 SM-960F - 512GB - Bought directly from Samsung.

Thank you! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Melodist
Student
Options

So my Exynos 9810 S9 Plus is an inferior Version of this line up given the beta only runs on snapdragon first..... great.

Arabianstar
Voyager
Options

@charleem wrote:

I've just spoken with Ross in tech support and it's starting on 20th November. 2018

You have to check your notices in your Samsung members app and then fill in the Beta Testin application form and if you fit the criteria you will then be able update to the beta One UI software through the update settings on your S9 / S9 + and Note 9 if I could post the screen shots of our conversation I would. 

I'm so pleased I'm able to announce this date to you all.  Enjoy xxx

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I go about signing up to join the beta program, if there is one.

I'm in the UK, so I can't do it through Samsung+ as it's only availble in the USA and this is the only information I can find online about joining, I've been messing with the Samsung Members app all afternoon and I've probably been staring straight at it, but I just can't find it!

@charleem wrote:

Hi there!  

Arabianstar
Voyager
Options

Beta testing is being started on 20th Novembef thanks to Ross in tech support and it's starting on 20th November and then you'll be able to apply through the notice shown in notice section once you apply you'll be able to update through the update software section on your handset. Only on S9 S9+ Note 9 .... 

I hsve screen shots of our conversation which i would post hete if I could.  

I'm glad o could finally get through all the BS and get the real truth . Enjoy peeps 

Samsung Chat Support. How are you doing today? I do understand that you would like to join the Android Pie Beta and on your Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone that is purchase under upgrade programme. Since you have me here right now, let me please do my very best to assist you on this.

:45One UI is the unique user interface for Galaxy phones, reflecting the signature look and style of the Galaxy brand. The One UI Beta Programme is owned, managed and operated by Samsung independently in order to provide better experience and reliable software based on user feedback. To join the beta testing you will need to download the “Samsung Members” app from the Galaxy Apps or Play Store. Then submit the “Galaxy Beta Program” application form through “Registration of One UI Beta Program” in the notice. As long as customers meet all the participation criteria, the registration process will be completed.
20:40:35I would like to note that the Android Pie Beta Programme is currently being release in the United Kingdom and the device able to participate is Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. The release would be on 20th of November 2018.

Ross *****
20:25:55Welcome to Samsung Support. Please allow me a moment to read through your enquiry.
Mr Saban *****
20:28:00Hi my enquiry is to ask when and how I join the beta testing programme on my unlocked / directly purchased from Samsung upgrade programme . I have waited from 11 the que This was in the paper but seemed wrong .. https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1043481/Android-update-Google-release-Slices...
20:28:24I'm using an S9 + sorry
20:29:09ROSS I would appreciate an honest answer as the web is full of fake news about this. Thank you
20:30:07As you can see I'm using the Samsung members app and Samsung + app to try and find out but getting so much bull***** from everyone....
Ross *****
20:30:31Hello, Saban. My name is Ross from Samsung Chat Support. How are you doing today? I do understand that you would like to join the Android Pie Beta and on your Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone that is purchase under upgrade programme. Since you have me here right now, let me please do my very best to assist you on this.
Mr Saban *****
20:30:47Oh and its for the One UI sorry lop
20:30:55#lol
20:31:13Thank you.
20:32:04I have actually waited 9 in the que three times
Ross *****
20:32:06You're welcome, Saban. I would like to verify that you would like to avail the Android Pie Beta Programme on your Samsung Galaxy S9+. Is my understanding correct?
Mr Saban *****
20:32:28Yes please Ross thank you
20:33:50My model number is SM-G965F
20:34:27Is it not called the ONE UI or is there two programmes?
Ross *****
20:34:41Thank you very much for validating, Saban. Please give me a moment to gather all the information we have on the matter and how you will avail the Android 9 Beta Programme.
Mr Saban *****
20:35:23Okay great ... thank you
20:37:08Can you confirm that the ONE UI is just a testing ground for the Samsung Experience or is actually the beta for the whole Android Pie ?
20:39:14Hello ?
20:39:45😊👌
Ross *****
20:39:45One UI is the unique user interface for Galaxy phones, reflecting the signature look and style of the Galaxy brand. The One UI Beta Programme is owned, managed and operated by Samsung independently in order to provide better experience and reliable software based on user feedback. To join the beta testing you will need to download the “Samsung Members” app from the Galaxy Apps or Play Store. Then submit the “Galaxy Beta Program” application form through “Registration of One UI Beta Program” in the notice. As long as customers meet all the participation criteria, the registration process will be completed.
20:40:35I would like to note that the Android Pie Beta Programme is currently being release in the United Kingdom and the device able to participate is Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. The release would be on 20th of November 2018.
Mr Saban *****
20:41:51The notice is not in the app I've checked and checked again?
20:43:16I take it the notice will just appear in the notice section and I have to check on the 20th ?
Ross *****
20:44:22That is correct, Saban. After registering for the Beta programme, you can update your software through the settings menu on their Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus. The programme is free to all Galaxy S9 users. However, it is recommended that customers download and update software when connected to Wi-Fi. It would best to wait until 20th of November to do the update since its still not being release.
Mr Saban *****
20:47:05So let me confirm the Beta testing for Android Pie will include the new One UI together and the notice / invitation to join the beta testing programme will appear in the notice section of the members app I'm taking to you through now ?
20:48:26I then fill the application in and then wait for the OTA download through software updates on my handset ?
20:48:46And it's defiantly on 20th November?
20:50:12I am very greatful for your honesty as rumours are flying it's the 15th November???
Ross *****
20:50:16That is correct, Saban. You can see all our information on our website which is https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-participate-in-beta-programme/ . I could not access the website you have provided earlier.
Mr Saban *****
20:51:13Thank you very much for your valued time and honesty. God bless you thank you Ross kindest regards Saban *****
Ross *****
20:51:43You're very much welcome, Saban. If you have any question on the programme you can always contact us.
Mr Saban *****
20:52:01Sure thank you good night 👌😊
Ross *****
20:52:05You're very much welcome. It was my pleasure assisting you today, Saban. If you require additional support, you can find How-To videos, answers to your questions and other useful information about Samsung products on our Support website www.samsung.com/uk/support. We will appreciate if you give us some feedback on how I assisted you today which will help us to serve you better. Thank you for chatting with Samsung Support, once again, my name is Ross. If you have a minute, please click on the ‘X’ button to receive the transcript of your chat and a quick survey on how I assisted you today.
20:52:09Have a great day!
Timezone: Greenwich Mean Time
Start: 2018-11-12 20:20:56
Queue: 01|Phones, Wearables & Accessories
Name: Mr Saban *****
Model: SM-G965F
Serial-No.: *****

0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
This is what I've found out about the beta testing programme.... please do not troll me I'm sharing this info I got from tech support at Samsung. 
I hope this helps... Enjoy ..... 
......One UI is the unique user interface for Galaxy phones, reflecting the signature look and style of the Galaxy brand. The One UI Beta Programme is owned, managed and operated by Samsung independently in order to provide better experience and reliable software based on user feedback. To join the beta testing you will need to download the “Samsung Members” app from the Galaxy Apps or Play Store. Then submit the “Galaxy Beta Program” application form through “Registration of One UI Beta Program” in the notice. As long as customers meet all the participation criteria, the registration process will be completed.
I would like to note that the Android Pie Beta Programme is currently being release in the United Kingdom and the device able to participate is Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. The release would be on 20th of November 2018.
The notice is not in the app I've checked and checked again?
I take it the notice will just appear in the notice section and I have to check on the 20th ?
That is correct,Mr S ( edited ) . After registering for the Beta programme, you can update your software through the settings menu on their Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus. The programme is free to all Galaxy S9 users. However, it is recommended that customers download and update software when connected to Wi-Fi. It would best to wait until 20th of November to do the update since its still not being release.
So let me confirm the Beta testing for Android Pie will include the new One UI together and the notice / invitation to join the beta testing programme will appear in the notice section of the members app I'm taking to you through now ?I then fill the application in and then wait for the OTA download through software updates on my handset ?
And it's defiantly on 20th November? I am very greatful for your honesty as rumours are flying it's the 15th November???
That is correct You can see all our information on our website which is https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-participate-in-beta-programme/ . I could not access the website you have provided earlierThank you very much for your valued time and honesty .... this is edited to cover the privacy of the employee and customer privacy but i assure you of its integrecy. 
Kindest regards every one..... 🙂 
jehad
First Poster
Options

@Melodist wrote:

So my Exynos 9810 S9 Plus is an inferior Version of this line up given the beta only runs on snapdragon first..... great.

0 Likes
jehad
First Poster
Options

@jehad wrote:

@Melodist wrote:

So my Exynos 9810 note9 Plus is an inferior Version of this line up given the beta only runs on snapdragon first..... great.

0 Likes