Support

Open search

Reseting phone loses pictures?

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Hello. Just wanted to know if I reset my phone to factory settings, would that make me lose all my pictures that I have in internal memory which is over 200gb worth. If so what's the best way of keeping all pictures safe so they won't disappear

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Superuser

A factory reset takes the phone back to the last firmware update so yes it can delete you pictures and other items like.contacts etc. 

You can back them up to Samsung Cloud if your phone isn't already doing that automatically. 

I personally also use Dropbox. 

People can use Google Drive and Sd Cards too along with other online vaults. 

Current Phone ~ Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Duos 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser

A factory reset takes the phone back to the last firmware update so yes it can delete you pictures and other items like.contacts etc. 

You can back them up to Samsung Cloud if your phone isn't already doing that automatically. 

I personally also use Dropbox. 

People can use Google Drive and Sd Cards too along with other online vaults. 

Current Phone ~ Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Duos 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

You'd better develop a good habit of backing up all your photos. It can greatly reduce the possibility of losing messages in your daily life. And the action of backing up seems to be much easier than restoring.

First Poster

MobiKin Doctor for Android  can be the best Android Photo Recovery program. It allows Android users to retrieve not only photos, but also contacts, messages, videos, etc. from all kinds of Android phones & tablets in a few clicks.

Important: don't try to use your phone any more after losing the data, otherwise the data will be overwritten and unrecoverable.

Explorer

The best way of keeping all pictures safe so they won't disappear before reseting is taking backup of all pictures. First connect your Samsung phone to computer via usb cable, with the help of samsung mobile manager tool, you can easily backup all data on it to pc.

Top Liked Authors