Support

Open search

Random camera issue/ glitch. Note 9 N9600

Highlighted
First Poster

First I'd like to say i love my note 9.  But i'm having a very anoying glitch that happens randomly with the camera.

Basicly, sometimes when i open the camera ( i always use the double press power button shortcut ) the camera shows green pixels glitching ( please find pictures attached ) . As i said. This is very random it might happen two times in a row and then camera works perfectly fine for the next 50 times. 

I have tested the following:

cleared camera data  and cache - did not help.

Full system reset                             - did not help.

After lots of testing this is what I found out:

*This glitch was present on Oreo too, was hopefull it would be fixed with pie update.

*When the glitch happens it only effects the main camera, as when using the 2x camera the glitching stops and when i go back to non zoomed the glitching comes back.

*When i use the camera and it works normal, it works as it should and never glitches out.  So it either works good, or glitches out from the start.

*I installed another camera app, and same problem here. Most of the time it works as it should but if it glitches out as soon as you open the app, you will need to close and re open the app so it comes back to normal ( just like when using the stock camera app) 

I'm realy worried, am i the only one experiencing this ?

is this a software bug or hardware ?

:Screenshot_20190310-003927_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20190310-230149_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20190308-160818_Camera.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

I've used the double press in the past to quick access my camera @Cell306  and not had this issue personally on my phone.

I prefer nowadays to access the camera via the edge panel.........

or use Goodlock and add an extra toggle in the phones navigation bar which I find an easier way to access the camera function.

If you use another option to launch the camera is the intermittent problem still there ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Also tried in safe mode, and after about 60 tries it glitched againScreenshot_20190311-202354_Camera.jpgAlso in safe mode

First Poster

UPDATE :

Been testing the camera apps all day long and never glitched once. The only difference was i opened them from the home screen.

Only experiencing the glitching when screen is off and using the camera "double press power button" shortcut to wake up the phone directly in the camera app. 

So I'm pretty confident to say that the glitch only shows itself (randomly and occasionally) when using the camera shortcut power button whilst screen is off. 

Top Liked Authors