Support

Open search

Radio turns off when phone is idle

SOLVED
First Poster

Just recently I have noticed that my note 9 will turn the radio off when left idle for more than 5 minutes ,this is irritating because I like listening to the radio before I go to sleep but it keeps turning itself off, is there a setting that I can use to fix this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser II
Superuser II

Setting, Apps. 3 dot menu, there choose Special access, then first menu item Optimize battery usage.

Switch from Apps not optimized to All, find your application  and turn the switch off.

Enjoy uninterrupted listening then...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL Moderator
@Vernevern: Have you noticed whether the app switches off when your screen goes idle? If so, please try tapping the Home button while you're listening to place the app in the background, as this may prevent it from pausing/stopping when the phone reverts to idle. Similarly if you have Always on Display active then please disable it to see if this helps.
Superuser II
Superuser II

Setting, Apps. 3 dot menu, there choose Special access, then first menu item Optimize battery usage.

Switch from Apps not optimized to All, find your application  and turn the switch off.

Enjoy uninterrupted listening then...

View solution in original post

First Poster

How are you listening to the radio web(tunein radio) or you got an app that plays fm. I can only listen online

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

I use Spotify but it is the same principle. Note9 doesn't have FM radio so you can listen only to internet radio.

Awesome! Ive been fighting this since pie came out and this finally worked. Thanks!
Thanks!
Top Liked Authors