Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after latest Android Update Version 10

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 08:34 PM)
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have multiple keyboards set in Samsung keyboard -> Languages and types. 

The probelm I have, after the most recent update taking place (some week ago now) the predictive text is no longer showing up for russian keyboard. Why? 

I have English, UK and Portugese, they both show predictive text above. But not fur russian. This is very frustrating as I relied on this feature a lot when writing emails etc. 

Could you please share any suggestions and flag a fault for this. 

So far I have tried resetting the keyboard settings and restarting the phone. 

This happened after the latest software update. 

Thanks

211 REPLIES 211
AndyB72
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue for all languages.
ParanoidKid
Student
Options

The fix suggested by someone above re: switching over to the Beta keyboard works. No idea why the old one is now defunct/Samsung didn't automatically switch over as part of the update!

0 Likes
AndyB72
Journeyman
Options

Hasn't worked for me. Fed up now.

Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi  AndrewL ,

It appears that the most current update is installed. Version 3.5.40.2

Also tried resetting keybboard settings - this has also not made any difference. I tried this initially as well before posting here, no luck. 

Let me know what else can be tried. I will review some of the options by other members suggested here and report if anything helps. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

I have installed the Google Keyboard from the Play store as a temporary fix (suggestion by one of the members - thank you!) however it would be good for this issue to be resolved, I didi like the default keyboard, had no real issues, up untill now, so would like to come back to it at some point. 

Thanks anyways, 

AndyB72
Journeyman
Options

I finally got a keyboard to work properly. I had to switch to the beta version. It's busy, cluttered and I don't like it, but at least predictive text works in English, French and German. Finally. 

0 Likes
Solution
Taz786
Student
Options

Hi everyone, I have managed to find a solution. 

I was having the same issue but mine was more severe as it was not showing any word suggestions, no auto correct, no auto punctuation. I was having to type everything out myself. Very annoying. 

But I've managed to figure it out. You simply need to reset/restore the app. And the way to do this is to go to the app settings and clear all data.

So go to Settings>General management>Language and input>On-screen keyboard>Samsung keyboard. Click About Samsung keyboard. Now click the i icon in the top right hand corner. Click Storage, at the bottom of the screen you will see 2 options > Clear Data and Clear Cache. You want to click on  clear data. Once this is done, your app is now reset/restored. It will now work as normal. 

I hope this works for you. Let me know how you get on. 

Xatm092
First Poster
Options

@Taz786 your solution worked for me man, thank you so much 😁

Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Absolute legend!

It worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

Elfranger
Student
Options

Ive tried everything mentioned here and nothing is working unfortunately