Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie update ruined Note 8

(Topic created on: 30-08-2019 12:16 AM)
gixerman
Explorer
Options

I mistakingly updated my Note 8. I can't even begin to go into how bad this update is. I find my phone unusable, ridiculous unwarranted and unwanted changes. I have been a customer since the first galaxy phone. I never thought an update this bad could be unleashed upon unsuspecting customers. I feel like I am a child being punished or thrown in Cell Phone prison and my privlidges have been taken away. I cannot justify using this in a professional enviornment with this update. I don't know about everyone else, but they do not care. I personally will be researching other phones, Samsung can keep this ***** I am done.

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your certainly not alone in thinking the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update is not for them.

Samsung have removed a few features I used so have sent feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + App.

In the interim there is....

Samsung Themes.

Icon Packs.

Goodlock App.

Nova Prime as one example of 3rd party launchers.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AmyAmz22
Journeyman
Options

I am in agreement with everything you're saying. And as much as I appreciate the other "options comments", we shouldn't have to turn to 3rd party apps to enjoy the phone we originally purchased and really like. 

I've not been able to keep my photos/videos since this ridiculous attempt of an "upgrade" and I cannot tell you how angry I've been because of it. I consistently lose pics/videos and keep receiving an "error" message?! So not only does the update take away key features we all knew and individually loved but now the features we do have don't even work properly?! 

Sure there are tweaks to be made but I feel they're not really giving a dam about their consumers. We are the reason these companies exist, by purchasing their products. No consumers...no products! 

It's really simple...if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it!!! 

0 Likes
Richin2019
Student
Options

I completely agree, this update is by far the worst ever! They removed some really good features such as swipe to call and the ability to take video with the front and back cameras simultaneously in order to add a bunch of ***** that nobody cares about. This is completely unacceptable. Samsung was far superior over Apple because of its flexiblity and original features, now it is just a cheap iPhone immitator. I feel like a paid $1000 for a great piece of tech then woke up last weekend and had  a worthless brick of a phone. Samsung has definitely lost its way, so sad.................

Kaylis
First Poster
Options

This Pie update makes me want to cry. I miss my  Note 8. I HATE THIS. I would whip my phone into a wall if I could go buy a different one. Two payments left tho and bye bye Samsung. I have been a loyal Samsung Customer for a long time. 3 Samsung smart TVs, our 3 kids each have  Galaxy tablets and S1 smartphones, &  my husband  and I each have a Note 8. I even have a cheap Samsung prepaid from Walmart in glove

box for emergencies. So for this loyalty I get a ***** update that has my phone lmoading pages like its 1993 and battery drain on a  new battery that is ridiculous. Hate the Camera, hate the look, and how do I do split screen with apps now? Havent figured that out yet. Not to mention  I am having some wierd issue sending MMS messages. There is more but I am getting suprr bumm

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@Kaylis wrote:

This Pie update makes me want to cry. I miss my  Note 8. I HATE THIS. I would whip my phone into a wall if I could go buy a different one. Two payments left tho and bye bye Samsung. I have been a loyal Samsung Customer for a long time. 3 Samsung smart TVs, our 3 kids each have  Galaxy tablets and S1 smartphones, &  my husband  and I each have a Note 8. I even have a cheap Samsung prepaid from Walmart in glove

box for emergencies. So for this loyalty I get a ***** update that has my phone lmoading pages like its 1993 and battery drain on a  new battery that is ridiculous. Hate the Camera, hate the look, and how do I do split screen with apps now? Havent figured that out yet. Not to mention  I am having some wierd issue sending MMS messages. There is more but I am getting suprr bumm

It's all a matter of tweaking it to how you want it.  If the battery lifeand the app speed doesn't improve once the update has settled in, do a factory restore.  If you have a problem with the icons, get an icon pack.  If your theme looks bad (White font on White background) get a theme that was designed for One UI.  Any other problem, search this, or other forums for help rather than suffer.  

The split screen?  Click your recent apps button, scroll until you find your first app you want.  Click the icon at the top of that window.  Select "Open in split screen".  Slide to select the second app.  Select that app. Now you have split screen.  want to reverse them?  Click the dividing line and reverse them.  Want to make one bigger? Click and drag the dividing line.  

The answer is simple.  Explore.  Examine.  Search.  There are only a few things that I dislike about One UI.  The group message functions are at the top of my list on that.  Followed by the Photo Editor and the Video settings.  (By both of these, the lack thereof)

0 Likes
CoachClark
Journeyman
Options

I'm with you, I've always been loyal to Samsung!  Now my Note 8 drains in a couple hours.  I hate to say it, my daughter has an Iphone, screw Samsung, I'm going to drink the koolaid and we're all going to Apple.

I hate conforming but if I'm spending $1,000 per line, they need to work.  

Goodbye Samsung..............HELLO APPLE!

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options
Hope you have fun.
0 Likes
CoachClark
Journeyman
Options

No need to hope, I've been using her new iPhone and it's excellent!  Thank you Samsung for sucking so much, I'm glad I'm moving on to a better product!

0 Likes
Scottsmad
Student
Options
My galaxy s8 is plagued with issues , allthough they are not major but a lot of little issues , also features that where there and i used are now gone , I've emailed and messaged samsung many times and have been told " backup to computer and hard reset and reinstall it" only thing is with that the last 3 phones i had where all samsung phones and i did that exact thing and lost baby photos and videos, lost photos of other important things, that I'll never get back.
Samsung DON'T care this is my 4th galaxy the other 3 sit in my drawer and are useless because they have done the same thing over and over and over , seriously if you want to get serious about samsung doing something about this , launch an online petition get as many people who are pissed off about their phones to sign it then go class action law suit, it was done to apple about them putting software in their phones to deliberately limit battery life .
And apple lost the law suit, so why aren't the samsung community doing the same thing ? .dont waste your time complaining to samsung they wont do anything,
Under australian consumer law if you buy a product in store that product must operate and behave as it was sold in store, no exceptions and if it doesnt then samsung have to repair or replace it, oh and try use the orginal user manual for the phone after its been updated , user manual doesn't even come close to reflecting any settings in the phone now so there is proof they changed the phone , now all you need is a good lawyer to fight the fight.
0 Likes