Support

Open search

PREORDER Samsung note 9

Apprentice

I would like to buy a 9 notes in pre-production and I can not understand why at Samsung Italia in the pre-line there is only the evaluation of the old phone while in America they also give the Akg headphones and a bundle for the game Fortnite. Why is there this difference between the markets? Like when note 5 was distributed and in Italy no. Then I settled for notes 7 but I did not have time. It would seem that Samsung customers manage them differently depending on the markets. Yet I should pay the same money as the others. Maybe they do not want to give us anything. Boo. I hope that Samsung Italia will immediately activate this promo or forget about several customers.

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser II
Superuser II

Hello,

it is just marketing choice, unfortunately Samsung Italia is not giving gifts for preorders, as well as the other European divisions if I don't wrong.

See you soon!

P.S. c'è anche la sezione italiana di Galaxy Note9!!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
Vuoi dare uno sguardo al futuro? SamsungXIFA2019
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi Guys. 

If Samsung do not bundle the Akg tuned earphones in the box then which earphones are included?

In the UK we get the Akg versions. 

I would have liked the lead in there too for the Dex function.

Sometimes we have freebies offered but not always at launch. 

Right now Samsung UK will give me £200 For my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone but I'm able to get more than that by selling it myself. 

Still at least it's an offer. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Vito1979

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Samsung offer region specific promotions and sadly this does mean that customers in some countries will not be eligible for specific deals. I recommend keeping an eye on the Samsung Italy offers page to stay up to date with the latest offers, as you may find that something turns up in the future.
Superuser II
Superuser II

@BandOfBrothers Samsung is giving in US AKG headphones, not only earphones, as a gift for preorders as well as bonus for Fortnite.

@AndrewL thanks for your explaination

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
Vuoi dare uno sguardo al futuro? SamsungXIFA2019
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
Voyager
What's preventing me from pre-ordering isn't the gifts, as the device should sell itself, but my experience with my exynos S9+ Vs the experience in seeing others in other regions are having.
I see Snapdragon users getting more battery efficiency as well as higher retained capacity.
In 5 months, I shouldn't be seeing what I'm seeing and it genuinely concerns me.
I do have the option of upgrading one of my contracts and I did indeed toy with the idea of ridding myself of S9+ for the higher capacity Note9, but will I be seeing the same come January with note?
As @bandofbrothers said previously, I think this time I'll wait for real users videos instead of promotional freebie YouTubers biased opinions.
I do hope it does indeed perform different to my experiences with S9+, as someone who wrote a very praising review on release which gained over 35k views, i feel let down at the moment, but hope that the note becomes what I expect it to be, for everyone this time.
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @SithLord

It's my preference to do this in regards to homework by watching YouTube videos etc, before purchasing which I've always done no matter what I'm buying. 

As it's a large chunk of cash I need to be sure the phone excels for my wants and needs. 

As I'm in the UK our version will be the Exynos 9810 Octa which going from my experiences with the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and my current phone the s8 they have performed well for me including the battery. 

I'm sure you'll agree that people's Battery experiences and what they active on their own phones is a subjective matter as we all set up our phones differently from preferences to apps etc and have different usage habits. 

For example I top mine up regularly and do not let it fall below 15% and I power it down at night. 

I understand about any bundled freebies but it would be nice to be able to have something as I've always missed out. 

Its an expensive phone but you gotta pay to play.  

Current Phone ~

Voyager

Oh indeed the S8 was great on exynos, my wife had one and it worked as expected with performance and battery.

The exynos 9810 in S9+ though...

Let's just say my experiences mirror those when you Google "Exynos S9+ battery problems"

Unfortunately Samsung's response to us is to run through some settings changes to get it running a bit better.

So instead of using the 1440p resolution I paid £850 for, I should run in FHD+.

Instead of using the CPU as designed and as expected, I'm told I should run it in some crippled economy mode, thus limiting it's drain on energy.

I should also try disabling such features as video optimisation, as that could help.

After all this I might, repeat MIGHT get 4-5hours screen time off this 3500mah battery instead of my current 2-3 hours.

Meanwhile in order to get that number, my £850 S9+ is basically a Galaxy S4.

Snapdragons however, can have everything up max and still have 30% battery life left at days end and get a good 5 hours SOT.

you see why I'm hesitant...

Superuser I
Superuser I

That's not good at all :(

I'm a big believer in having as many features included on the phone toggled On as possible to enhance my user experience. 

I wouldn't be happy either at having to toggle Off those features. 

As I've not owned the s9 UK models I can't make any comments on user experience. 

Hopefully a patch will be sent out to help combat these issues that some owners are experiencing. 

Current Phone ~

Voyager
We can but hope...
I just would like to think note 9 users don't suffer the same situation, 4000mah is quite a battery, hopefully it'll degrade slower than the S9 lithium cells.
Top Liked Authors