Support

Open search

One UI update

Explorer

Sorry but this has annihilated my note 9. 

I have the handset on EE - since I installed the battery life has taken a huge hit. The phone is glitchy and buggy and becoming a pig to use.

This was an awful effort from Samsung

If anyone else had the same experience and overcome it please let me know, I would love to roll back but dont think you can. 

11 REPLIES 11
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @bdt_1978 

Once the Samsung One Ui has been installed you can't go back via the phones settings / factory reset I'm afraid. 

I've responded to your other thread too.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working which can help to determine if the issue is one of your downloaded apps.

The battery stats section should highlight things too.

Can you go to that and screenshot it and post it here in.your thread.  

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

Try doing a clean install i.e reset your phone and install all your apps again. Its annoying but should help. My battery life ia marginally better with the one ui. I especially love the gesture navigation and have stopped using buttons completely now. 

DannyT Moderator
Hi there, @bdt_1978.

Do let us know how you get on when trying the suggestions posted above. If you need more troubleshooting once you've tried these let us know and we'll look into this for you.

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Explorer

Taken all the steps suggested above, and across the web and cant help but think the update has caned my battery life. For example mornings... take phone off charge at 100%. Very light use listen to some music with screen off, 20 minute train journey with 10-15 minutes of YouTube and its dien to 88%. That doesn't seem tight. Previously it would be around 95%

Highlighted

I did a factory reset my phones been working fine since not had an issue 

Apprentice

I can't tell my phone has been any better after the PIE update, however, a couple of days ago (16th Feb) I've installed an update, what seemed to be a regular security one, and that definitely damaged the battery completely. 

Simple things like reading a few emails, update some social network stuff has eaten 10% of battery in less than 30min of use. That's even worse than the awful Note 8 battery itself. 

Honestly, I don't know what to do to increase it anymore, I've switched off the background use of many apps and it doesn't seem to get any better. I'm hardly getting 4h of screen when it used to 7hs easily a couple of months ago. 

I'm considering flashing its ROM into another European country (my Note 9 is from the UK) to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone hardware since I've got a french mate who's in the same version and having the battery flawlessly working for the whole day.

Would there be there any issue if install the french ROM into the UK device?

Explorer
This is exactly my issue and well put. I got the latest update after Pie today and installed. Will see if it does any good
Navigator

@JohnRafa wrote:

I can't tell my phone has been any better after the PIE update, however, a couple of days ago (16th Feb) I've installed an update, what seemed to be a regular security one, and that definitely damaged the battery completely. 

Simple things like reading a few emails, update some social network stuff has eaten 10% of battery in less than 30min of use. That's even worse than the awful Note 8 battery itself. 

Honestly, I don't know what to do to increase it anymore, I've switched off the background use of many apps and it doesn't seem to get any better. I'm hardly getting 4h of screen when it used to 7hs easily a couple of months ago. 

I'm considering flashing its ROM into another European country (my Note 9 is from the UK) to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone hardware since I've got a french mate who's in the same version and having the battery flawlessly working for the whole day.

Would there be there any issue if install the french ROM into the UK device?

Why not backup everything and try factory resetting the phone first. Sometimes updates can mess up certain apps and the way they function but nothing a clean install cant fix. If you want to move to a French Rom you will lose all your data anyway, so i suggest factory resetting your phone first.  A factory reset has helped some others on this forum resolve issues they were having after the pie update. Also, if you move to a French Rom I think you may not be able to use Samsung Pay, I could be wrong though. All the best.

Explorer
I did a factory reset after the update for that very reason as some apps were messed up. I did a partition wipe to - sadly the battery is still awful and I can only put it down to the pie update. As above mine was getting 6 hours plus a day now I'm struggling to hit 4 -
Top Liked Authors