Support

Open search

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland

First Poster

Hi so i have a copper brown note 9, dual sim and its unlocked i live in the UK and use EE as my network, just want to know if the process will still be the same as the UK models? 

I have been reading and trying to find out a exact date and to me it seems as though the date is the 15th of Feb, so disappointed as i was expecting it this month.

Explorer
It should still be this month people are saying this weeend. Its really poor from Samsung that they can't release for everyone at same time like iOS, this is why people get iphone as people want the new updates quick
First Poster

Lets wait and see if we do get it by this weekend, ive been waking up everyday and manually checking for the new software beffore leaving for work 😂

Navigator

@Gazza40 While all of us await the update. I find it strange that people would buy an iPhone just because they push updates regularly. I mean the note still works great as is. Honestly software updates are not even a consideration for most average users I know when deciding to buy a phone. Especially iPhone users who typically just buy an iPhone because its an iphone. 

First Poster

What I really don't get and please do not take it out of context, how can a third world country test and release an upgrade quicker than in the UK, speaking as someone of afro carribean decent.

Surely you would resolve your major markets first.

Explorer

Maybe they use smaller markets as a test bed then iron out the problems before the release in larger markets

Navigator

@Spencer1620 wrote:

Maybe they use smaller markets as a test bed then iron out the problems before the release in larger markets

YEP i can vouch for that ONE UI was ok but bit buggy depending one what features you got on!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Explorer
Its poor how they can't release to all. IOS is streets ahead on that front and considering pie was out last year and the new up date is out soon Samsung need to step up
Navigator

@Erniem64 Its probably because markets like India for example have a larger user base to provide them with feedback. Also Asia and other developing markets are a battleground when it comes to brands striving to achieve a higher market share due to stiff competition from lesser known brands. So maybe these markets are more strategically important vs the UK or US for example where most are brand loyal but more quality conscious and likely to buy an iphone or samsung anyway. So it makes sense for samsung to let people continue using a stable build of oreo in these markets rather than  anger people with a rushed update. You've got to remember the average majority dont even care about things like software updates, but are likely to notice if their premium device malfunctions,  its just us few enthusiasts who really sit waiting for these updates. 

Navigator

@Gazza40 wrote:
Its poor how they can't release to all. IOS is streets ahead on that front and considering pie was out last year and the new up date is out soon Samsung need to step up

How on earth can you compare ipoop with Android ? They have had the same home screen icons since the inception of the iPhone do i need to say more ? lol dude if you cant wait just manually update it it's so easy!!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
Top Liked Authors