One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland

Explorer

Vodafone uk just arrived now 

Apprentice

Still not here for note 9 on ee

Explorer

@Ant90 wrote:

Still not here for note 9 on ee

Yeah I got fed up waiting for EE so I flashed XEU software and received the update OTA , really easy and took 10 mins in total. Still have VOLTE/Wifi Calling but now receive my updates direct from Samsung. 

By the way Note 9 with PIE and gestures best phone ever 

There are a couple bugs though that have been pointed out and a few little UI tweeks they need to make , but I expect they will release bug fixes over the next few months, and thankfully I wont need to wait for EE to receive them.

Samsung Note 9
Samsung Galaxy watch 4g 42mm
Gear Icon x 2018
First Poster

Disappointed that EE have failed to release the update to meet the expectations provided by Samsung. Their Social Media Team have been Tweeting that they test all updates thoroughly - surely they would have access to conduct such testing already? Why doesn't this apply to iOS? Trying hard not to be a disgruntled child, however, we pay a premium price for a premium smartphone with now out-of-date software. 

Navigator

@jp_macca wrote:

Disappointed that EE have failed to release the update to meet the expectations provided by Samsung. Their Social Media Team have been Tweeting that they test all updates thoroughly - surely they would have access to conduct such testing already? Why doesn't this apply to iOS? Trying hard not to be a disgruntled child, however, we pay a premium price for a premium smartphone with now out-of-date software. 

How is it out of date software Oero 8.1  ? upgrading to pie half the apps theme's dont even work mate you go the wrong end of the stick!!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
First Poster

@jp_macca wrote:

I'm on EE and received the update 5 days ago..You should be getting it very shortly 

Highlighted
Explorer
Oreo is out of date software and all apps do work so must be something wrong with ya phone I agree with you its poor the updates are so slow with Samsung why this is I dont know they need to step up people who like the latest phone like the newest update when it's out not a year later
Navigator

@Gazza40 wrote:
Oreo is out of date software and all apps do work so must be something wrong with ya phone I agree with you its poor the updates are so slow with Samsung why this is I dont know they need to step up people who like the latest phone like the newest update when it's out not a year later

While I agree they've got to step up. In their defence they don't make Android so once it is released by Google they need to customise the newer version of Android for their devices and ensure all hardware and software features work correctly. Its not as easy as importing everything from oreo as lots of hardware drivers etc may not be compatible with the new OS and need to be coded from scratch. Most people buy Samsung because if offers a lot of additional features and customisations over stock android so it takes time to skin stock Android with one UI for example and add in all the additional features like those of the s-pen as opposed to the pixel or one plus which are closer to the stock experience. A friemd of mine with a pixel once told me you cant even re-position the navigation buttons at the bottom on the pixel2xl. And as far as iPhone goes apple make both the hardware and software so they have more control over everything in the process unlike Samsung.

Explorer

I like One UI/Pie and the additional features it's added - it's improved the Note 9 for me. I'm already looking forward to One/UI 1.1 and Pie 9.1

First Poster

Note 9 on EE now upgrading!

Top Liked Authors