Support

Open search

Note9 fingerprint sensor not working

Apprentice

Hey, I was just watching a video and locked my phone then tried to unlock it through the fingerprint sensor and it didn't work.. went to add another and it wasn't even scanning then after starting a sensor test everything said pass except for the reset test said fail please help.

16 REPLIES 16
Superuser I
Superuser I

To start off with @Zeta11  can you first try a soft reboot please.

Turn the phone Off and On.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

I did and erased the cashe from the fingerprint app and then did the sensor test all was pass except for the reset test

Apprentice

I did and erased the cashe from the fingerprint app and then did the sensor test all was pass except for the reset test.

Apprentice

The sensor worked yesterday but then after few hours it gave me a message says an error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device.

I tried many solutions after restarting like safe mode but doesn't work still and gives me the same answer.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hey 

did u get yours to work again ? mine just startet doing it yesterday i did delete the cache and even reset to factory settings but it didnt help i still got the reset test fail

mines not working also,, is this bec. of the recent software update?

First Poster

my phone did exactly what you have said . but i noted that it happened to mine when i used it when it's raining.  I don't know if that's a part of the problem.  

Mine not working too just noticed today.
I believe its soft issue and not phone.
But for now my phone is unprotected at all.
First Poster

I have the same issue with the not responding error despite all tests are pass.. not sure what to do at this point

Top Liked Authors