Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 trade in

(Topic created on: 29-08-2018 03:04 PM)
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

Hello. Ive just purchased the note 9 and taken advantage of the trade in offer of my S8+. Can someone tell me how i go about sending my old phone back to them. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
PositivelyWrong
Apprentice
Options

I wondered this and spoke to Samsung on the online chat and the guy said that they send out a return envelope 7-10 days after you order the new phone. I pressed him on this as this contradicts the terms and conditions of the trade in offer and he said that it should say that the old phone needs to be returned 7 days after receiving the return envelope. Not sure who to believe but I'm going with the support guy and have the chat transcript as proof! Hope that helps.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Nediffs. Can you remember the address on the return label you used? That one may have been for your Note 9. 

0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

I spoke to samsung on the phone this morning and i was told the same information as you about the returns envelope. I questioned him also on the time limit to return my trade in phone and he assured me that it would be fine and to just wait for the return envelope to arrive and send it in. If they decide to try and mess me about by way of making me miss the return deadline and then charging me full price then i will be ruturning the note 9 and purchase from elsewhwere. Thanks for your reply and helpful info. 

0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

The return label @Nediffs is referring to is the one that came in the box with the new phone, the one that you would need to send note 9 back for any reason. The returns address for the trade in phone however did not come in the box with the new phone.

0 Likes
Nediffs
Journeyman
Options

Oh it most certainly was the Note9 return address. But given the FAQ and available information I didn't have much choice.

It was claimed I'd be provided with a return label, and that I had 7 days to return the trade-in device ... It didn't say I'd be provided a separate one, and that I had 7 days once I recieved that separate label so ...

I opened a ticket to hopefully clear the situation, don't know if you can see the support emails (910239)

0 Likes
antonp
Pioneer
Options

I was also mystified by this. I spoke to someone at Samsung and also to the company that handles the recycling for them, MTR. MTR have deleayed sending the return envelopes due to the bank holiday weekend. They will not be holding anyone to the 7 days from the date they received the N9, so they say. The 7 days are up for me tomorrow and I still haven't got the return envelope for my S8+.

0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

It would seem that Samsung has a good number of us playing the guessing game. I am now going to sit on my hands  and wait for the return postage bag to arrive (if at all) and take it from there. I do hope it all works out fine in the end for us all and that this lack of information on samsungs part doesn't cause anyone to much hassle. I'll post my findings as and when I know something new. Good luck all and thanks for all the replys. 

0 Likes
antonp
Pioneer
Options

It might be more than a guessing game, it's getting quite questionable. Section 5.5 in the terms and condition says "You must ensure that the handset is provided to us within 7 days of receiving your New Handset. Failure to provide your Existing Handset within this time period will mean that you will be required to return your New Handset to us or pay back the discount you received on your New Handset".

Quite frankly I only decided to give up my perfectly good S8+ for this deal. If Samsung have this 'terms' and conditions but make us concerned about their ability to sell a new phone in this way with causing customer concern, then I am starting to think about keeping my perfectly good S8+.

May be the terms and their application will be better for the S10 or Note 10 if it takes that long to get Samsung customer services to understand. I have had my new handset, Note 9, for 7 days and I have still not been provided with the means to return my old handset. 

Here's what it says at the beginning of section 5.5: "You will be provided with prepaid return packaging materials to allow for the safe provision of your Existing Handset to us"

Well you haven't, and time is up.

0 Likes
Solution
Nediffs
Journeyman
Options

What I gather from all the posts here and all of my and other people's communication with Samsung is:

The recylcing company will send you a package for your trade-in device soon. It might arrive today or next week.

The 7 days start from the day you get  that package. They did NOT expire yesterday.

IF you have send your phone using the NOTE9 return label (which was supposed to be used for the Note9 in case you want to return it) just shoot the support team an email explaining the situation. Privde all your tracking information you have (I didn't have anything else other than what the order page on my samsung account showed, I gave them all of those tracking IDs) Eventually after explaining and going back and forth they told me they will instruct the Note9 return people to forward my phone to the Trade-in recycle people.

Lastly, Yes all the 2 lines of FAQ and information regarding this is very brief, scarce and controversial, if any Mods and higher could escalate this issue with the appropriate people, that would be great.

A simple "You will be send a separata package for your trade-in device" literally 6 words on the FAQ will save many headaches in the future.

AntS
Options

Hi all. 

Just to let you know I've edited the thread title slightly and put Nediffs' post as the solution for this one in case other peeps are wanting this info too. I've also fed back the understandable confusion you folks had.