Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 trade in

(Topic created on: 29-08-2018 03:04 PM)
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

Hello. Ive just purchased the note 9 and taken advantage of the trade in offer of my S8+. Can someone tell me how i go about sending my old phone back to them. Thanks. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nediffs
Journeyman
Options

What I gather from all the posts here and all of my and other people's communication with Samsung is:

The recylcing company will send you a package for your trade-in device soon. It might arrive today or next week.

The 7 days start from the day you get  that package. They did NOT expire yesterday.

IF you have send your phone using the NOTE9 return label (which was supposed to be used for the Note9 in case you want to return it) just shoot the support team an email explaining the situation. Privde all your tracking information you have (I didn't have anything else other than what the order page on my samsung account showed, I gave them all of those tracking IDs) Eventually after explaining and going back and forth they told me they will instruct the Note9 return people to forward my phone to the Trade-in recycle people.

Lastly, Yes all the 2 lines of FAQ and information regarding this is very brief, scarce and controversial, if any Mods and higher could escalate this issue with the appropriate people, that would be great.

A simple "You will be send a separata package for your trade-in device" literally 6 words on the FAQ will save many headaches in the future.

View solution in context

23 REPLIES 23
CarlH
Options

Hi @philbrocky. It would be best to contact the Online Shop regarding this on 03307 267 467. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

Good advise but easier said than done. Ive been trying to get through all to them all day. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

There's also an email address you could try, @philbrocky: support@samsunguk.zendesk.com 

0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Nediffs
Journeyman
Options

There was a return label in the box for dpd, I just slapped that and dropped it off at dpd, printed a letter "please find enclosed my trade in s8+" as their TCs state they'd provide a shipping label and I have 7 days to send the trade in...

0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

Have you heard anything back of them doing it that way ?

0 Likes
Nediffs
Journeyman
Options
I only posted it yesterday
0 Likes
philbrocky
First Poster
Options

I hope it works out right for you. I'm gonna hold off until I've spoken to someone at Samsung. I'll post what I find out. 

0 Likes