Support

Open search

Note 9 screen protection

SOLVED
Navigator

Waiting for my Note 9 to arrive. I already have the clear view standing cover. Any recomendations for stick on screen protection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector albeit pricey is the better of the rest available @TheArchetect

When a phones screen is so expensive to replace nowadays the cost of the protector really does pale into insignificance. 

I use the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and Spigen Ultra Hybrid Matt Black case with no issues. 

A good tip is to put the screen protector on to your screen and if your case does not touch it on all 4 sides you should be good to go. 

If you opt for the WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector > Before fitting allow yourself plenty of time , make sure your on a level surface and watch the instructional videos. There's a T sticker that protects The top speaker grill. Ensured that just goes over the grill and not onto The screen itself.

The protector comes with two tubes of silicone. Lay one on the surface your going to use to see if it rolls or not to indicate a level surface.  

Clean the phones screen then use a torch to help show up those bits hiding on the screen.  

Other screen protectors are available as in wet application film type options but after using the s pen they can leave imprints behind , but my advice is to stay clear of the glass screen protectors with adhesive just on the edges. They can pop off and or have dead spots and rainbow effects. 

If the phone does show any signs of loss of touch sensitivity then the phone has an increase sensitivity in its settings for when a screen protector has been fitted. 

Once you've watched the how to do instructional videos then watch them again or have another device handy to watch as you fit your own.  

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @TheArchetect,

My personal recomendation is a whitestone dome protector works like a treat and no issues with touch and great with 99% of cases. I know others on here use the same and would say the same.

Superuser I
Superuser I

WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector albeit pricey is the better of the rest available @TheArchetect

When a phones screen is so expensive to replace nowadays the cost of the protector really does pale into insignificance. 

I use the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper and Spigen Ultra Hybrid Matt Black case with no issues. 

A good tip is to put the screen protector on to your screen and if your case does not touch it on all 4 sides you should be good to go. 

If you opt for the WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector > Before fitting allow yourself plenty of time , make sure your on a level surface and watch the instructional videos. There's a T sticker that protects The top speaker grill. Ensured that just goes over the grill and not onto The screen itself.

The protector comes with two tubes of silicone. Lay one on the surface your going to use to see if it rolls or not to indicate a level surface.  

Clean the phones screen then use a torch to help show up those bits hiding on the screen.  

Other screen protectors are available as in wet application film type options but after using the s pen they can leave imprints behind , but my advice is to stay clear of the glass screen protectors with adhesive just on the edges. They can pop off and or have dead spots and rainbow effects. 

If the phone does show any signs of loss of touch sensitivity then the phone has an increase sensitivity in its settings for when a screen protector has been fitted. 

Once you've watched the how to do instructional videos then watch them again or have another device handy to watch as you fit your own.  

Current Phone ~

Navigator

Thanks for the advice.

Whilst I agree, such an expensive phone deserves good protection its a bit pricacy when compared to the one I was thinking of: 

Alinsea Note 9 Screen Protector 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alinsea-Replacement-Case-Friendly-Definition-Responsive/dp/B07G35WC6V/ref=s...

What do you think of this one?

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

You're very welcome. 

I've not used that variant so cannot comment. 

Have you looked at the Amazon customer reviews on it and YouTube videos on it ?

It's a Tpu option which going from other posts elsewhere the S pen can leave indentations in it. 

Yes the Whitestone isn't cheap. I purchased the twin pack. 

Current Phone ~

Superuser I
Superuser I

Tpu ones are heavy on the S pen tips they cause them to wear quick and drag rather than glide over the surface. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Bades1978 wrote:

Tpu ones are heavy on the S pen tips they cause them to wear quick and drag rather than glide over the surface. 

I agree. 

The grey tip that comes as a spare in the box should help with that however. 

Current Phone ~

Navigator

Hi guys, recently purchased a note 9 and went through the same frustration of not being able to find a good screen protector.  Had the plastic film ones for a few days but I didn't install it correctly and it had zillions of bubbles. Got the tempered glass ones and tried to live with the rainbow effect but then dust started to creep in from the sides that didn't stick to the phone and it got intolerable, not to mention the glare. I almost considered going for the Dome Glass protector but wasn't sure its worth £40 but then i came across something similar for £11, seems like a Chinese knock off of the dome glass but had good verified reviews on Amazon so I took the plunge. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alinsea-Protector-Tempered-Adhesive-Anti-Scratch/dp/B07H5FJ6PR/ref=sr_1_2?i...

It took me around 20 minutes of patient installation on a really flat surface (checked it with a level checking app) like the kitchen counter and I am quite pleased with the results. It feels like there is no protector on and is extremely responsive. It doesn't have a tray like the dome glass but comes with a glue tube, screen protector and a UV lamp that connects to your regular charging cable.  It also came with 2 dust removal kits and a masking tape to cover the earphone hole, s-pen slot, speaker grill etc. I still used regular cellotape to cover the buttons on the side as no tape was provided for this and I removed the s-pen as well. Just followed their instructions from the youtube video and the booklet that comes with the kit and voila...finally I have a screen protector I am happy with. I do have a couple of really tiny bubbles that formed in the glue during installation an are now permanent but they're really small and are like two specs of dirt, a compromise I am willing to live with. I have a caseflex case which is quite raised around the edges and it just about fits without touching the screen protector.  Overall id say I am quite happy with this product and would recommend it if you don't mind spending around 20 mins or so installing it. I discovered similar kits on ebay as well for even cheaper and ordered one for my wifes s8. Lets see how the installation for that goes. 

Explorer

I use this one 3pack and don't have problem at all on Ebay cost 3.99£ I all the time care about phone but I don't want spend too much money for glass screen and cheapest one no work at all.

Also I use spigen case and phone is fully covered 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMAR-Protector-Protectors-Extremely-Invisible/dp/B07GGM7JK8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=...

Explorer

I'm still using the ScreenKnight Screen Protector - Curved Fit - Full Body Military shield. It's easy to fit, slide in pace wet, so easy to position. Even if there are a bubbles they disappear in 24 hours or so. Not the slipperiest of surfaces but does the job well and keeps the screen and body pristine.

Top Liked Authors