Support

Open search

Note 9 pre order gifts for Europe

Highlighted
Apprentice

I am in the UK too, and want the phone. Had every Note since they came out, all on pre order except the first one, which I think never had a pre order. 

This is about the "respect" from Samsung to their customers.

It be clear, there was no pre order offer in UK. The trade in was not a pre order offer and is available now.

In US, they had the trade in offer in addition to the pre order gifts. 

Right now, in US, they still have the trade in, as well as having the Wireless Duo and Note 9ncover as gift. 

UK/EU still nothing.

The pre order was only about getting the phone on Day 1, which is important, but should not be mistaken as any "gift" or "deal". It is just a pre order.

Will wait and see what happens, and hopefully will have a Note 9 soon. Samsung are playing with on unsafe ground, given the low S9 numbers. They had a boost from the Note 8 customers coming back from the failed Note 7, but we are only so loyal for so long. 

First Poster
I do think the trade in deal is a good one. But it only works for people that have something to trade (which is my case ).
While we should not expect freebies and gifts. It is Samsung that has caused the issue by not distributing what they give equally. As a Samsung fan and more so a note fan having pre-ordered in the past and having received gifts In the past for paying the top rrp, I still can't believe what other countries are getting as freebies
Apprentice

As you say, the phone sells itself. The trade in is not part of the issue as there is parity for trade in for all regions.

The issue is the way UK/EU customers are being treated compared to other regions with the preorder gifts. 

Note 4 (and earlier) did not have pre order gifts

Note 5 never came to EU (annoying) 

Note 6 didn't exist. 

Note 7, whilst it lasted, had preorder of the VR kit

Note 8, DEX

Note 9, nothing. 

It is a "problem" of their own making. If globally there were no gift, then don't have a problem.

However, it was different in preorder (US and other regions getting stuff)  and also now in active sale, there still is a difference with US getting Duo Charger and case. 

To be honest, I have less of a problem with active sale period having different offers, as that does happen. 

However Samsung pretending that EU has any sort of preorder incentive is nonsense, as the trade in is the same as it was preorder.  Samsung essentially have not bothered with any incentivisation for EU preorder. 

There is no difference between preorder and purchase today, except getting the phone on day 1.

What is more irritating is that I forwarded this to most of the UK tech and non tech online and paper media. Not a single one bothered to follow up, even those that traditionally screamed about UK vs EU or UK vs US unfairness. Unsurprising given they all get stuff from Samsung to review etc. 

Apprentice

Sorry man, but the trade-in incentive is rubbish. They are offering little more than what you can get from 3rd party trade in sites, in some cases they are offering the same or slightly less!

Also what people seem to miss with this is that all other territories are getting the gifts AND getting to keep their old phone to do with as they please; maybe they will trade it in on top of their gift and save even more money!

That's how I see it anyway...

Superuser I
Superuser I

Just to say I got £465 for my S8+ at carphonewarehouse as they gave me £265 for the phone and £200 Samsung trade in so felt pleased with that.

Pathfinder

Just a thought regarding this...

How long is the warranty in the regions with the gifts?

Could it be related if they are 1 year whilst we get 2?

Apprentice

I know for certain that Australia has 2 year warranties, so I don't think so.

Pathfinder

@scottzorz wrote:

Oh well, that blows that idea..

I guess they just don't consider us important then.

Bet you anything that after our cancellation periods and return windows are finished, they start giving gifts...

Apprentice

@scottzorz wrote:

Sorry man, but the trade-in incentive is rubbish. They are offering little more than what you can get from 3rd party trade in sites, in some cases they are offering the same or slightly less!

Also what people seem to miss with this is that all other territories are getting the gifts AND getting to keep their old phone to do with as they please; maybe they will trade it in on top of their gift and save even more money!

That's how I see it anyway...

The other regions were getting gifts AND option to trade in (or not) ! That's what I meant about trade in was not the issue.

As you say, for many of the phones, the trade in was less than you could get elsewhere too.

Apprentice

@SithLord wrote:

@scottzorz wrote:

Oh well, that blows that idea..

I guess they just don't consider us important then.

Bet you anything that after our cancellation periods and return windows are finished, they start giving gifts...

That is what I am hoping, and also hoping not, if you see what I mean. 

It would mean I could buy it and get the gifts, but then it would truly confirm how little they cared about the preorder customers.

Would be really odd business model though. Shafts the customers that were loyal. 

Top Liked Authors