Support

Open search

Note 9 pre order gifts for Europe

Pathfinder

@wyse_terminal wrote:
where is this free offer pray tell i would not mind making some money on this...........

Basically, find anywhere in Europe and keep walking. 

Once out of Europe you'll find a free offer of some kind.

Superuser I
Superuser I

A lot of is said about gift's and price having looked into it you have to remember that the price you see is not always the final price like here in the UK in the USA you have to add tax to the price of the phone which can add an extra $400 to the price and as for the free gift's there is still a missed opportunity for new Note 9 owners they could be using simple discounts on add on items if they are not going to offer "free" (nothing in life is free) to get people to use their products such as headphones or cases. Still all being said it still feels like you are being done over until you look deeper into the prices.

Navigator
I am a big Samsung fan but it is really disappointing that we in the UK don't get any offers but having said that i have pre ordered the new Galaxy watch and they are throwing in a free duo charger with the watch so maybe they are realizing that the internet gives us access to a whole host of information and we will find out if other countries get better offers than us or not. Here's hoping it changes when it comes to the new S10 or galaxy fold-able phone.
Highlighted
Pathfinder

@Bades1978 wrote:

A lot of is said about gift's and price having looked into it you have to remember that the price you see is not always the final price like here in the UK in the USA you have to add tax to the price of the phone which can add an extra $400 to the price and as for the free gift's there is still a missed opportunity for new Note 9 owners they could be using simple discounts on add on items if they are not going to offer "free" (nothing in life is free) to get people to use their products such as headphones or cases. Still all being said it still feels like you are being done over until you look deeper into the prices.

Nowhere in USA are they going to pay $400 more, nowhere near.LOST2018.png

If you look at the base cost 899uk Vs 999usa 

899 exchanged to USD comes in at $1,150

If you take the USD price and adjust for average tax value it comes in at $1,088 (I've been generous and averaged at 9% sales tax) it's still actually cheaper than our pricing. Even if I set the tax at the highest possible rate of 10.02% for Louisiana, it's still only just over $1,100 

So yeah, no one in USA is paying $400more, infact they are (on average) paying quite a bit less than us and possibly getting one free and getting a free pair of $300 headphones or fortnight bundle (or both for $99)

If you look at the broader picture, and check all these regional Samsung sites, it's pretty ***** upsetting to see how insignificant Samsung is treating the EU as a whole, not just the UK.

Outside the EU it's literally a free for all on expensive gifts for buying their latest device, in some regions there's a literal prize wheel which gives one of multiple gifts on top of the usual AKG headphones.

What did we ever do wrong to Samsung?

Screenshot_20180820-223023.png

Screenshot_20180820-223204.png

Screenshot_20180820-223306.png

Screenshot_20180820-232459.png

Screenshot_20180820-232503.png

Screenshot_20180820-232511.png

Screenshot_20180820-232643.png

Superuser I
Superuser I

Correct I was just using an example of $400 from a random youtuber which I beleave was a combined total including the plan they was using so the relistic amount (approx for easy math 10%) is like $130 which is nuts when you think of the rate of VAT we pay in the UK also.

First Poster
How is this fair Samsung
Superuser I
Superuser I

I've just checked again on the Samsung UK online shop and now my s8 has changed from £200 trade in to £300 trade in. 

I don't think we'll see any freebies in the Uk until a good few weeks / months after the pre order stages. 

The Black 512Gb model is out of stock. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Superuser I
Superuser I

Update. 

Decided to pull the trigger.  

My local Samsung Experience Store is giving me just under £300 For my s8 and have today processed my pre order in a Samsung Experience Store for the Black 512Gb model to collect this Friday. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

Tweeted them and they said that we have trade in. Other areas have trade in too, as well as the gifts. EU and UK essentially have no pre order offers at all.

Having pre ordered every Note including the doomed Note 7, shame that I have not for this time. Silly, as Note customers seem to be the more "loyal" coming up back after the dead 7 (me being one of them).

Was going to buy at least the Note 9 and watch and probably upgrade my S3 to the Tab 4, but in the end not buying a single one. 

When the Note 7 was returned, I tried the Oneplus and was really impressed. Depending on whether Samsung pull their fingers out on any gifts, I may be heading to the Oneplus again.  Shame about the lack of water rating for OnePlus, got used to having the Note 8 on the shelf in the shower!

All about timing though on the Note 9, no point paying the full flagship price 3-4 months into the 1 year cycle, with or without gift! 

Superuser I
Superuser I

I totally understand and appreciate how people are finding the difference in regards to pre order offers being unbalanced as it depends on where you reside and other conditions in regards to offers. 

I'm in the UK so it's the trade in deal for me.

Even if there was no offers it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as I want the phone.

Some deals may drop on a few weeks or months after pre order has ended. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors