Support

Open search

Note 9 one ui / pie update help

SOLVED
Apprentice

Screenshot_20190211-050657_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-050838_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-051010_Google Play Store.jpg

After updating I'm left with some old Experience UI versions of apps that I cannot update and haven't updated automatically. Galaxy Apps, Email, Samsung Members and Samsung Internet are all the old versions and as you can see from my screenshots, the play store thinks they're the current versions, galaxy apps shows no updates because it's on the old version itself, I cant update by going to settings and about from within the app as it tells me there is no internet connection when there is. I'm really regretting doing this update as it's messed my phone up. The battery life is draining quickly. I don't know what to do to rectify this. Someone please help

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

I called Samsung today who said that all apps should be on the latest versions with the updated icons. The advisor even went off to double check this and said my phone needs to be flashed and I've got to take it to the Samsung service centre tomorrow.

12 REPLIES 12
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Lava087 

Your Samsung Internet App icon and version is the exact same as mine and I'm on the Samsung One Ui  / Pie Update.

The phone may take a short while to fully index i.e. settle down after such a major update with all types of processes going on to update apps etc which will use more battery than normal along with extra usage from the owner as they explore the update on their phone.

Here's a screen shot from my Note 9.

Screenshot_20190211-052745_Settings.jpg

And screenshot from my Installed section in the Playstore.

Screenshot_20190211-053312_Google Play Store.jpg

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @Lava087 

Your Samsung Internet App icon and version is the exact same as mine and I'm on the Samsung One Ui  / Pie Update.

The phone may take a short while to fully index i.e. settle down after such a major update with all types of processes going on to update apps etc which will use more battery than normal along with extra usage from the owner as they explore the update on their phone.

Here's a screen shot from my Note 9.

Screenshot_20190211-052745_Settings.jpg

And screenshot from my Installed section in the Playstore.

Screenshot_20190211-053312_Google Play Store.jpg

Apprentice
These are not the versions of the app for One UI... Look it up on Google. These are old versions for Oreo and is obviously a bug with the update.
Superuser I
Superuser I

It's more probably a case that the developer hasn't updated the Samsung Internet app yet.

This is the Samsung Link I can see showing the different icon app for Samsung Internet > samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/one-ui.

To be honest I'm not that concerned as it's working as it should and that icon may have been a Beta Version they decided not to put in the finished version- I'm not sure.

Can you add a Link to what you've seen.

Perhaps send your valued feedback via the Samsung Members App / Samsung + App.

Current Phone ~

Apprentice
The members app isn't sending any feedback because it's the old version and I just get an error message when I try to send feedback. I am concerned because these apps will probably never update or function properly again. My battery life is draining ridiculously just by doing anything. 10% drain in 2 minutes of replying to messages isn't normal. I'm gonna phone Samsung today.
Observer

They may well be waiting for the official stable update to add all the new versions of the apps. Or come across a problem on other devices that they will be fixing and in the mean time have put in the older version.

Observer

As for battery draining, every beta update has battery issues. There is a lot of background processing necessarary to run a test version of an update. Unfortunately, this is usually not fixed until the official version, where you get better battery stability fixes. 

Apprentice

I called Samsung today who said that all apps should be on the latest versions with the updated icons. The advisor even went off to double check this and said my phone needs to be flashed and I've got to take it to the Samsung service centre tomorrow.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Morgans 

My Note 9 isn't on the Beta version.

Beta was never available in the UK for the Note 9 and neither did I sign up to the Beta Programme.

As I mentioned in my earlier reply to @Lava087  I agree with you about the possible updating. 

@Lava087 

Please let us know what the Samsung Shop says and what happens. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors