Support

Open search

Note 9 hybrid SIM not working

Apprentice
Interesting! I think its highly likely that my blank SIM was remotely configured twice by mistake (hence two contracts appearing), but I received the first number and not the 2nd. When the 2nd contract got flagged and cancelled, I suspect this rendered the SIM inactive as it would have newly been associated with the SIM and previous one, not.

If you agree, I shall enquire about this with the SIM vendor and see what I can find out.
Thanks for your assistance in debugging this. I will let you know what happens.
Superuser I
Superuser I

A blank sim card has the ability to receive one Sim Swap to it.

It does look like the sims at issue.

You're Welcome for the help and chats after all that's what we're all here for

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

I have this problem currenty. 

I have a Note 9  SM-N9600/DS which is basically the north american version but with dual sim. 

SIM1 - Freedom Mobile
SIM2 - Bell Mobility

If i reboot the phone, inbound calls work to both sims with no issues. However after a day or even a few hours inbound calls to sim 2 do not ring through at all. No voicemail notifications, nothing. If i turn on "Dual sim always on" then calls to SIM2 just end up ruinging on SIM1 all the time. This isn't a solution but a bandaid.

I made a test call to my SIM2 and it rings a few times and then eventually SIM1 receives the call. 

I used to use a dual SIM Lumia 950XL and I never had this issue. All my calls always came in on both sim cards. It would appear that Samsung is having some sort of hardware/software issue. 

Apprentice
It turned out that when the vendor modified the account they made two mistakes.
1) moved the contract to data only *Facepalm*.
2) Assumed call waiting was enabled by default which it was not...

All sorted now!
Apprentice

@BadSquishy wrote:

If i reboot the phone, inbound calls work to both sims with no issues. However after a day or even a few hours inbound calls to sim 2 do not ring through at all. 

Mine is also doing this, but for me I noticed the SIM 2 slot is being considered as removed, when it isnt. Restart does fix it, but for me, taking the SIM out, cleaning it a little and reseating it makes it last a bit longer before the problem reoccurs. It seems like a momentary loss of contact with the SIM makes the phone assume it isnt there anymore, until a reboot.

Could be fixed in software if they bother...

First Poster

Hi @BandOfBrothers

Sorry for reviving an old post but I seem to be in a bit of a predicament.

I bought my Note 9 from a friend in Australia and the model of the phone is SM-N960F.

I just recently got a second sim and wanted to put it in but my sim tray is not the hybrid sim slot. There is no space for a second sim card.

If you have just one sim in your phone do you still see the Sim Card manager? Or will it only appear after you put in your second sim card? Because it doesn't appear in my settings in Connections.

I'm really confused right now whether or not my note 9 can accept a second sim or not... and I'm very dissapointed that my sim tray is not the hybrid one...

9177a16fc28ab992526a6d7f1624289.jpge35746834f813b15f7a341e2071377f.jpge32205b1aa65f3747d0da47697cb032.jpgeef970339ea734242c5e41f7d4407a8.jpg

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @DavidKwan 

Can you please download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore.Screenshot_20190604-051114_One UI Home.jpg

And see if it states your using a Hybrid Dual phone.

Screenshot_20190604-050958.jpgShould say 'Dual Sim'

Current Phone ~

First Poster

Unfortunately it does not say Dual Sim...

I'm guessing my note 9 is not the dual sim I thought it was.

I originally thought all note 9 variants apart from the snapdragon one was dual sim.

Thanks for the app recommendation though! Very useful app.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Sorry to hear that.

You're  very welcome for the app I suggested @DavidKwan 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors