Support

Open search

Note 9 Screen Scratches

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello, I've had my note 9 about 6 days now. 

I've noticed quite a deep scratch on the screen, this is a phone that is in a pocket on its own.

Please bare in mind, I kept my iPhone 7 plus in worse conditions and it has never had a scratch so deep! 

I feel like the only one getting this? Carphone Warehouse are turning me away, Samsung arent/won't do anything about it they just told me to go back to the Carphone Warehouse. There's not a single scratch anywhere else on the phone, just the screen. 

Thanks, Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

The WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector isn't the cheapest but imo the best on the market as it uses silicone glue all over the screen unlike some that just have adhesive on the edges. 

I have one on my Note 9. 

You can buy them with one protector in the pack or a twin pack. 

As long as you follow the instructions and leave plenty of time to do it it'll go fine. 

You cure it twice. 

Once while it's still in the fitting cradle and then again when it's out of the cradle. 

In all around 30 minutes as you use the supplied Uv light at the top middle and bottom twice. 

I personally let it do it's thing at 5 minutes at each part of the screen. 

Here is the official video. 

https://youtu.be/jyRvapJ8Vek

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

36 REPLIES 36
Voyager

Even the lint in your pocket corners could have some element with a hard enough compound to cause a scratch.

I assure you, iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia..  any of them, all have the same hardness rating and will scratch.

My own personal advice, get a screen protector, even better, get a whitestone dome,  the glue in that brand fills scratches on application.

Apprentice

That's the last time I'm carrying diamonds in my pockets! 😂

Of course, I understand that, but I've never had any other device scratch this fast or this deep and I've carried them all the same way, except I probably took more care with this (pocket on its own)

I heard someone mention the domes. 

I don't understand fully the last part of the message? The dome glues on and the glue fills pre-existing scratches?

Adam. 

Voyager

The scratch wont be visible with the dome on as the glue fills hairline scratches before curing, gives the look of an immaculate screen.

Of course once removed, the scratch will still be there.. 

Apprentice
Oh. I get you.
So, how does this screen protector get applied? It it easy? Do you have to do anything special? Take long to cure?
Superuser I
Superuser I

The WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector isn't the cheapest but imo the best on the market as it uses silicone glue all over the screen unlike some that just have adhesive on the edges. 

I have one on my Note 9. 

You can buy them with one protector in the pack or a twin pack. 

As long as you follow the instructions and leave plenty of time to do it it'll go fine. 

You cure it twice. 

Once while it's still in the fitting cradle and then again when it's out of the cradle. 

In all around 30 minutes as you use the supplied Uv light at the top middle and bottom twice. 

I personally let it do it's thing at 5 minutes at each part of the screen. 

Here is the official video. 

https://youtu.be/jyRvapJ8Vek

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

presumably the s pen still works?

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Yes perfectly with the protector

Navigator

i was hoping my samsung clear view cover would protect the screen with no need for further screen protection

Superuser I
Superuser I

Yeah I feel the pain had it happen on my S7 edge after that I have always used a screen protector even with the leather otterbox case I had, the 1st time I put it down to pocket grit. 

Top Liked Authors