Support

Open search

Note 9 Samsung Pay Black Screen??

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post here. 

So about 2 weeks ago I purchased my note 9 with AT&T. At first it was great, then something weird started happening. 

I set up the samsung pay and used it a few times, then I went to best buy to purchase a case and screen protector. I used samsung pay, put my phone away, and next thing I know when I get to work the screen is black, I still hear the phone unlocking and feel it vibrate. With a little bit of googling I found out that i could resart the phone (volume down and lock button), so I did and it was all good. Later that week I was at 7-11 and I used Samsung Pay again, and the screen once again went black. So is there anything I can do about this? or is it better to go with the 1 year samsung warranty fix?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

It obviously shouldn't be doing this. Samsung apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty on their phones. 

If this me I'd first think about deleting cache and data and it the phones system files cache. 

Followed by a back up and factory reset if necessary. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Pathfinder

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

It obviously shouldn't be doing this. Samsung apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty on their phones. 

Not for this user I believe.

Top Liked Authors