Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 9 One UI/Pie Release Coming Real Soon!

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 05:19 PM)
TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

HI Samsung are stating for Jan-2019 ONE UI PIE Will hit the Note 9! 9th today so hopefully not long wait :smiling-face: Screenshot_20190109-144854_Samsung_Members.jpg

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
0 Likes
Go to solution
43 REPLIES 43
Ant111
Explorer
Options
Premium Haha does not feel that way last for everything
0 Likes
Ray13
First Poster
Options

Hi

I updated my note 9 using the SD card method to Pie, it worked, but was wondering if I would still get OTA updates or would I need to manually load these? First time I have done this so any help would be appreciated.

I also noticed the bluetooth icon doesn't appear in the status bar when it is switched on....I can only check when I swipe down from the top. Anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options

Ok I don't have many problems at all but music doesn't activate the edge lighting anymore was this intended ?Ok I don't have many problems at all but music doesn't activate the edge lighting anymore was this intended ?

0 Likes
Ray13
First Poster
Options

So just realised that the bluetooth icon will only display in the status bar if something is connected. You still need to swipe down to see if it is on.

Just really want to know if I will receive OTA updates as normal....

0 Likes
TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

@Ray13 wrote:

Hi

I updated my note 9 using the SD card method to Pie, it worked, but was wondering if I would still get OTA updates or would I need to manually load these? First time I have done this so any help would be appreciated.

I also noticed the bluetooth icon doesn't appear in the status bar when it is switched on....I can only check when I swipe down from the top. Anyone else had this problem?

Yeah you will get OTA it's not a hack dude it's all official all you did was manually update it instead of OTA or SmartSwitch!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
0 Likes
Ray13
First Poster
Options
Thanks for confirming for me....like I said first time I have done something like this so wanted to make sure.

Cheers
0 Likes
Kimz87
First Poster
Options

I am not sure about Pie now. Not really feeling it. Still on 8.1 and feel happy to stay here especially since looking to change launcher and use good lock. I've read on xda from people having issues with official final release of Pie, certain things not working right. And my main issue is the really rounded corners. Prefer the lesser rounded corners on other UIs such as pixel & miui. Also read that Samsung has gone for the stock multitasking rather than its own so there's  no options in the middle between two open apps.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've installed the stable version of Android Pie and after 1 week I've done a rollback to Oreo.

With this Pie version the Note 9 become really unstable and slow (you can see the refresh of the icons on the screen to let you understand how slow it is and if you try to open a contact you must wait at least 1 second (if it works) ).  The phone part become instable with the signal the was coming up and down more than with Oreo. WiFi always disconnected. The navigation bar in immersive mode is bad designed, the advantages of the gestures are not effective like using FluidNG. (I cannot understand the complexity to "copy" what other had already done well).  I guess that Samsung didn't tested the version too much on the Note 9 because otherwise I cannot understand how and why they've rolled out a so bad version.  

My suggestion is avoid this upgrade untill Samsung will not release some bug fix and stability improvment. 

My two cent

TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've installed the stable version of Android Pie and after 1 week I've done a rollback to Oreo.

With this Pie version the Note 9 become really unstable and slow (you can see the refresh of the icons on the screen to let you understand how slow it is and if you try to open a contact you must wait at least 1 second (if it works) ).  The phone part become instable with the signal the was coming up and down more than with Oreo. WiFi always disconnected. The navigation bar in immersive mode is bad designed, the advantages of the gestures are not effective like using FluidNG. (I cannot understand the complexity to "copy" what other had already done well).  I guess that Samsung didn't tested the version too much on the Note 9 because otherwise I cannot understand how and why they've rolled out a so bad version.  

My suggestion is avoid this upgrade untill Samsung will not release some bug fix and stability improvment. 

My two cent

Ha, i been moaning for over two+ weeks PIE ONEUI SUCKS! It's been rushed so badly! i totally agree with you maybe 6 month's time i might upgrade, hopefully by then Samsung sorts there act out..

See this is one of the reason i root my devices, if samsung would provide the features and stability i'm after there would be no need for root ?

Samsung has hired the wrong crew for the job! 

if Samsung took a good look why people root! Plus what ways they modifiy there smartphones/tablets and gave us them options! Samsung would become king!

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Nightbre
Apprentice
Options
Its an abomination and looks like a kids pound shop toy phone after its done...