Support

Open search

Note 9 Dex Screen

First Poster

Wazzup!

First time posting anywhere, ever. So please bare with me.

My trusty notebook (Lenovo Helix i7) recently bombed out. Being a minimalist, I decided to push DeX. The convergence is logical, and thus, inevitable. Now with a Note 9, HDMI cable, portable bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a month into the process my panic attack has started to lift. My interfacing skills a short distance behind. Desktop Hub (app), being very helpful in managing my anxiety. The apps, I feel confident, will catch up. Again logical!

My current conceptual challenge is mobile screen space when out of office (ooo). I have, to date, been unable to find a practical on the move screen option. The two primary constraints I feel are: 1) the DeX interface (HDMI, wireless HDMI, other). 2) power for that screen. From research done I cannot find a VERY usable mobile option. 

My techie logic dictates a screen with a wireless DEX/HDMI interface and it's own power. But open to other ideas.

My two questions if I may:

1) what options exist today that get's closest to the above requirement? A self supporting screen that interface to a Note 9 DeX (coffee shop notebook equivalent)

2) what are the immediately next visionary, (even next of next :-) blurry visionary ideas, for screen protocols to take the DeX concept level to mobile one device?

Things will ultimately go this route. Or something similar. I have no doubt what so ever. 

RobX. 

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I
Glad to hear that you love DeX.

The challenge that you state is something I'm personally well aware of It is kind-of-possible now (Samsung really doesn't block any hardware developer for creating some hardware-dock-screen with an own battery which would effectivelly turn your phone in a laptop. Add a bluetooth keyboard and a mouse and you are pretty much done.

With some tricks it also can be done (Add a portable mouse, a portable keyboard, a portable screen WITH a power supply) and put that together and you have the functionality. The downside is however that its quite... Messy

Regarding the vision: Samsung will probably not tell what the plans are (Trade secret). But I personally believe that we will go towards one device that will rule them all. And what device is better than your smartphone

Sure, there will always be computers for people with a heavy-duty workload. But the smartphone is perfect for most people (Including business users).
Top Liked Authors