Open search

New update

First Poster

When will the beta or the new up date for 

10.0 official 

9.0 pic

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM Moderator

We don't have any news on this just yet, @Coldo86. Keep an eye on here and on our Social Pages!

First Poster

I've given up on any reliable updates from Samsung. For as far back as I can remember regardless of carrier the update program has been awful.

I got a S8 on release day direct from Samsung thinking that would help, if anything it was worse. 

Now with a Note 9 again direct from Samsung and unlocked in the UK, I am still on August security patch, despite the rest of Europe getting Septembers at the start of September. Boggles the mind. I'll probably get it end of October and Octobers Patch at Christmas. 

So will be amazed if we see any sort of news or workable update for Samsung experience 10.0 before the S10 comes out next year. 

Navigator

Same question from me. Why UK is waiting for updates for so long? We didn't get September security patch at all, countries like Slovakia, Romania or Luxembourg did get it and UK didn't.

Now, there is a new update and it was already released for example in Philippines for operators branded phones and still nothing in UK.

I don't want anyone to think that these countries are worse or something but in my opinion UK is one of the biggest markets for flagships from Samsung in Europe and in last few years UK is being treaded like it was completely different. 

Is there any reason that nowadays UK gets the updates much later that other countries with smaller markets? Previous one wasn't too important but the new one improves the camera which needs to be improved.

Superuser I
Superuser I

For me Security Updates are the most important.

Other updates tend to bring bug fixes, minor enhancements, unless it's a major update. 

In regards to major updates. 

For example Nougat to Oreo > This brought little to the phone in regards to features but did bring some Ui updates. 

For me I want firmware to be tested , re-tested and tested again before it's pushed out. 

I would be very annoyed if my stable phone on its current firmware became unstable from new firmware. 

I understand people want the newest version available but the question I ask myself is what does the new version bring to the phone. 

Personally I'm happy to update the Security Updates separately. 

Firmware as far as I understand it is pushed out to phones dependent on their model number, serial number and build number. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

Lol man, what are you talking about? I know you love Samsung but defending them when this certain update is delayed is just funny. It is not a minor update and before you write another poem please read the change log and what the topic is about.

It does bring camera improvements and you call it not important? Look on the iPhone XS Max and Note 9 comparisons. At this moment iPhone is making much better pictures in daylight, everything is balanced much better than in Note 9. The only advantage for Note 9 is in low light thanks to lower aperture. Camera needs an urgent improvement so please don't tell me that this update brings nothing. 

And I believe that if Samsung pushed this update in another markets the software was tested, re tested and tested again.

This topic is about UK's update - huge European market and phones are being updater much later than these from smaller markets and it has nothing to do with serial numbers etc. Somebody makes the decisions over there, they don't make a pool and draw serial number to update.

And I you say that security updates are so important for to maybe you should ask them where is the September update - it was released in different markets - just not in UK.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Kondek85

I'm not defending Samsung. 

You have your opinion on the situation and I have mine. 

It's fair and balanced to say we all have our own priorities and what we want from our devices. 

As I mentioned in my post "For me Security Updates are the most important."

So yes I'd love the September Security Update as soon as possible. 

Current Phone ~

First Poster
I am eagerly awaiting for this update too which apparently makes the Note9 take better pictures.
Navigator

I just received an update with September security patch. Although, the update was only 71mb and there was no camera improvements stated in the change log and the build number is different than in other countries with camera improvements included. Anyone know what is going on and why we didn't get the proper update with all camera tweaks?

I don't care too much about latest security updates while I'm a conscious user and I know how to protect myself and I don't live in a world with thinking that there is a hacker waiting behind the corner to hack my phone. This is strange, I don't know if update including camera tweaks is on hold but it looks like we will wait for a little bit longer.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Kondek85 wrote:

I just received an update with September security patch. Although, the update was only 71mb and there was no camera improvements stated in the change log and the build number is different than in other countries with camera improvements included. Anyone know what is going on and why we didn't get the proper update with all camera tweaks?

I don't care too much about latest security updates while I'm a conscious user and I know how to protect myself and I don't live in a world with thinking that there is a hacker waiting behind the corner to hack my phone. This is strange, I don't know if update including camera tweaks is on hold but it looks like we will wait for a little bit longer.

Same. 

I'm on the flip side to you.  

It's the Security Updates I want. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors