Support

Open search

MISSING things from One Ui!

First Poster

WHY DOES THE ALWAYS ON DISPLAY SUCK NOW. What the f*** is Samsung doing with their always on display, it's no longer a fkin always on display. You have to tap it in order to display the always on display. Wtf ! You might say it's not a big deal but it is a big deal, i check the time several times throughout the day and the fact that I have to tap it now is super annoying otherwise it won't show it. If you're a developer think about this, what is the bloody difference between me tapping the display and pressing the power button. They're both two-step processes! Samsung have made everything as a two-step process thanks to this bull**** one Ui.

1. There is no longer 'Game mode' on the one Ui. Samsung advertised gaming on the note 9 and have now removed the gaming mode option.

2. On the tasks Edge panel, there is no longer 'Device Maintenance'. Wtf. I used to use these 2 all the time.

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL Moderator
@Kingsherry: I'm not sure what you mean by 'Game Mode'. Game Launcher is still available via the apps Menu and contains options to customise individual game settings. If you go to Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Panels > Apps Edge > Edit, you can add Settings to the Edge Screen for easy access to Device Maintenance.
Highlighted
Pathfinder

@AndrewL wrote:
@Kingsherry: I'm not sure what you mean by 'Game Mode'. Game Launcher is still available via the apps Menu and contains options to customise individual game settings. If you go to Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Panels > Apps Edge > Edit, you can add Settings to the Edge Screen for easy access to Device Maintenance.

I fly a drone and use to use the Device Maintenance edge tab before flying.  Now I just added the App from Settings called Device Care.  Same exact thing.  And back on the edge bar again.  

Superuser I
Superuser I

That's great @AndrewL  but it adds further taps to get to where we want to navigate to and use the feature.

1st world problems I submit

Previously when Device Maintenance was available in Apps edge a person could see at a glance the status of their phone and act if necessary.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Excuse me mate do you think i'm dumb. I know more about phones than you. Game launcher and game mode are two different things. Just like high performance mode there was game mode which made games run smoother and tbh I did notice the difference.

Secondly, I have already been through the "Apps Edge" edge panel but it's a two-step process. I have to press the edge panel, press settings, scroll down, press device care, wait, press Optimise. Why ???? Before it was on my side panel I would literally press the side panel and then Optimise. Boom it's a one-step process. 

Thirdly I didnt see you mention anything about the navigation bars and the dot. Why do I have to bloody scroll down twice and press the navigation bar button to get rid of them? Another two-step process. It's annoying. Tell your developers why they would make One UI worse I dont understand and many people aren't going to complain they will just get used to it coz they can't be bothered to complain. Samsung experience was better like I said

Pathfinder

Something you might want to try about the optimization deal  Found this today. If you want a "one button" solution to device optimization,  there is a 1x1 widget.  Optimizes memory and storage.  Might be what you're looking for. 

First Poster

Thank you

@Kingsherry wrote:

Excuse me mate do you think i'm dumb. I know more about phones than you. Game launcher and game mode are two different things. Just like high performance mode there was game mode which made games run smoother and tbh I did notice the difference.

Secondly, I have already been through the "Apps Edge" edge panel but it's a two-step process. I have to press the edge panel, press settings, scroll down, press device care, wait, press Optimise. Why ???? Before it was on my side panel I would literally press the side panel and then Optimise. Boom it's a one-step process. 

Thirdly I didnt see you mention anything about the navigation bars and the dot. Why do I have to bloody scroll down twice and press the navigation bar button to get rid of them? Another two-step process. It's annoying. Tell your developers why they would make One UI worse I dont understand and many people aren't going to complain they will just get used to it coz they can't be bothered to complain. Samsung experience was better like I said

Use a widget bro, the widget shows your storage status and remaining RAM status plus a button to optimizes the battery, just one click on the homescreen, problem solved, don't get burned by your own rage lol.

Now it's my turn, the option to lock screen on edge panel is gone too, BUT you can download "One hand operation+" by Samsung and lock your screen is just one swipe away, also can made to take screenshot, go back, go to recent apps and more

First Poster

SUPER disappointed that the night mode does not work with themes... like come on WHYYY????!!!!!!

Pathfinder

@sonnnnnn wrote:

SUPER disappointed that the night mode does not work with themes... like come on WHYYY????!!!!!!

Probably because the theme that you are trying to turn to dark mode was designed Under OREO and not ONE UI.  You need themes that were designed under the OS that you are going to run them under.  Turn Off your present theme, and then try dark mode.  

Contact your present themes designer and see if they have an update to their theme.  When you go to download a theme, make sure that it's been designed for One UI.  

Top Liked Authors