Support

Open search

Launching Dex manually

Apprentice

Hello,

Is it possible to launch Samsung Dex manually similar to how it can be on the Galaxy tab?

Thank you in advance! 

5 REPLIES
DannyT Moderator
Hi there, @MK-47.

All you need is the cable and you'll be able to load DeX. No need for the dock with the Note9.

Hope this helps!

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Apprentice

Hello, 

It is great that they allow DEX to enable without the doc, but I was wondering if it is possible to enable Dex without connecting the phone at all. Similar to how you can start Dex on a tab 4.

Thank you

Highlighted
DannyT Moderator
At the moment, this isn't quite possible. However, our Devs are currently working on implementing this. Check out more info here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note9/Why-is-DEX-not-being-made-wireless/m-p/664953#M360

Thanks for the feedback!

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Apprentice

Enabling Dex wirelessly is a wonderful step. Just to be clear, I was referring to the ability to enable dex without connecting the phone to any monitor. Directly access dex from the phone in the same fashion that we can through the Tab 4. Even if the screen is small, I would like to be able to use dex on my Note 9 directly. 

Observer

MK-47, just curious, why do you want to use dex on phone? Dex is just another presentation of normal Android, and I think the major point is to use app in external/bigger screen. using dex on phone would be extremely hard, as everything goes very small.

Top Liked Authors