Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest security update for the note 9

(Topic created on: 05-09-2019 03:28 PM)
Malle-Eppie
First Poster
Options

Hi, I bought the Note 9 in april this year in France and it says the current version of the software update is; "N960FXXS2CSB2/N960FOXM2CSA2/N960FXXU2CRLT" -Security patch level: February 1, 2019

Every time I scan for updates it says that the latest update is already installed.

Is this realy the latest patch level for a Note 9 in France or do I have a problem with my phone's installation? I read on the Sammobile forums that the latest patch is from June 2019 (N960FXXU3CSF9) how do I get this update ?

Thanks in advance for your response,

Malle Eppie

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you live in France or did you buy the phone in France and then took it back to your own country @Malle-Eppie  ?

If so then updates have been known to be slower as your dependent on frances division of Samsung to release the update.

Also if the phone was ever locked go a network can slow up updates as your then dependent on that network typically testing updates before letting Samsung send out the updates to a branded device.

You could try Smartswitch.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Malle-Eppie
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for response,

I live in France and the phone was unlocked when I bought it.
I talked to a representative via Samsung Chat and he told me that I have already the latest patch installed (February 2019) and that I was lucky to have it because not everybody in France has that update. But when I go to Sammobile I can download the "France 2019-08-08 9 N960FXXS3CSG5 N960FOXM3CSG3 Firmware version so I do think there is something wrong with my current installation.

I looked up Smartswitch and as far as I can see it is just for transfering my old data to a new phone.

Thanks again for your response,

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In regards to Smartswitch this tutorial may help.

androidcentral.com/how-update-your-samsung-phone-smart-switch.

Security Patches are important so I do understand your quest to be up to date as possible.

Please be careful when looking outside the sanctity of updating your phone via the phones internal update section or Smartswitch.

Other methods can sometimes bring issues so if this was me I wouldn't be drawn to any outside sources. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes