Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Note 8 Update Will Be My Last

(Topic created on: 28-04-2019 02:43 PM)
BigD9791
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung, wth have you done?! If I wanted a frickin iPhone like my teenagers I would've bought one. I'm in sales, and I probably use my phone more than anything else to feed my family, which means now I hate the thing that I have to use for 10-12 hours a day. Of the MANY things wrong with this update is the fact that when I'm on my bluetooth (even when I tap the side button to black the screen like I've done for yrs) the phones screen will not blackout. I've stuck my phone in my pocket while on my bluetooth at least 30 times and had my pocket mute myself, throw the conversation on speakerphone, or hang up on my customers.  I've looked through every possible setting option to try and fix this and can't figure it out, please fix this, you are literally affecting my paycheck.  I've bought Samsung since smart phones came out, bought an iPhone once and hated it so I went right back to Samsung/Android. I don't want to switch to iPhone, I want my Samsung, but at least iPhone doesn't have a bunch of bugs in it. Stop pretending to to be like the other hot chick in school, there's no need for it, people like you just the way you are...or I should say were. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

Ok..  Try this.. 

"(even when I tap the side button to black the screen like I've done for yrs) the phones screen will not blackout. I've stuck my phone in my pocket while on my bluetooth at least 30 times and had my pocket mute myself, throw the conversation on speakerphone, or hang up on my customers."

Settings  > Display >  Accidental Touch Protection and see if this setting is ON.  The description says Protect your phone from addidental touches when it's in a dark place such as a pocket of bag.  

Check and see if "Smart Lock" is turned on.  

Settings > Lock Screen > Smart Lock > Enter PIN.  See if "On-Body detection" is turned on.  This disables the lock while it is in your pocket and makes it easier to accidently activate the screen while in your pocket.  

You can also try Settings > Lock Screen > Secure Lock Settings > PIN > Lock instantly with power key.  This will lock the screen as soon as you press the power button to help prevent accidental activations.