Support

Open search

Huge disappointment

Navigator

Got my Note 9 yesterday... After that new gadget feel wore off all I was left with was disappointment. 

I am having trouble with almost every one of my most used apps. Even the phone won't work in my BMW, not with a cable and not through Bluetooth. 

A few hours ago after trying to get everything set up I gave up. Switched the phone off and am using my old phone again. Think of returning the Note 9 or just selling it. 

Feels like I am beta testing hard and software with this buggy phone.  

9 REPLIES 9
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi

Sometimes apps can take a short while to update and or check in your my apps in play Store for updates. 

I'm having no issues with my apps I use. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

All apps are updated. Just been trying for over an hour to get Spotify to work on my BMW. Won't work. 

Another one is the LastPass app, which is completely unusable. Keeps asking for the master password whenever I want to save or fill in a password instead of just updating biometrics. 

Oh and a lot of apps like gmail are just extremely slow, stop responding or just crash.

Buggy phone. 

Explorer

Works ok on my M4. It's 2017 reg but not sure if that matters? Using the BMW connected app

Navigator

Yep connected app. Tried connecting and removing many times but it didn't help. Mine is a 2018 vehicle so we should have similar software versions. Professional nav with every possible upgrade...

Explorer

Must admit the BMW appbis fairly bad. On the plus side, my Spotify seems more reliable than it was on my s7 edge so hopefully it gets sorted soon pal

Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm unable to comment on car apps as I don't drive but can confirm gmail works ok on my N9. 

Maybe try deleting the account and re Add it. 

Speak to your car dealership and or contact the developer of the app for further support might be your next avenues. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer
Do a software reset make sure all software is updated if your still having issues take it back and replace it I have tried all the software you mentioned and all works fine on my BMW maybe you have a defective device 960f note 9 my model
Navigator

Did you restore from a backup in cloud or via usb cable from your old phone?

I also had issues when doing this, with some apps like Twitter that would not launch and others. Finally I gave up and transferring old data or backip up, I chose to skip apps.

Navigator

I am doing a factory reset tonight. Don't feel much for net restoring my backup since that would mean I have to add every login and every account again by hand. Gonna take ages...

Top Liked Authors