Support

Open search

Factory reset so many times

First Poster

My friend has had a galaxy note 9 for 4 months and has performed about 20 factory resets on it god knows why but will this do her phone any harm?? 

4 REPLIES 4
Explorer

No it wont do the phone no harm but i do wonder why it would require so many resets in such a short space, if it is due to phone slowing down etc then it could be a certain app she keeps re downloading and if its a hardware issue then may be worth taking to samsung store

Superuser I
Superuser I

Factory Resets are not detrimental to the phone but resetting the phone fully back up to how it was before the factory reset can be tiresome.

Can you eloberate as to what is instigating the need to factory reset @Sammy82 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

I asked her and she said there was no reason I'm really confused as to why she would want to do that! I've just got the note 9 looking forward to getting it all set up and ready to use today

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Sammy82 wrote:

I asked her and she said there was no reason I'm really confused as to why she would want to do that! I've just got the note 9 looking forward to getting it all set up and ready to use today

That's certainly a conundrum then but its here phone to fo as she wishes. 

If it's due to performance related issues then the device maintenance or device care feature should sort that out.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors