Support

Open search

Display Clicking popping note 9

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi I just buy my note9 11.12 yesterday i applied my screen protector and I fill clicking and popping on my display from middle to top.

Anybody here have same issue?

What is best replacement with my retailer or contact Samsung.

Thanks for advice

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

The screen protector your using does it adhere via silicone all.over the screen or just on the edges?

I ask as the screen protectors that adhere to the edges of the phones screen only can have a side effect of lifting and popping. 

The only way to test if it's the phones screen is to remove the screen protector unfortunately. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer
I use just tpu screen protector but I remove yesterday for quick test and screen still popping must be faulty device unfortunately.
I already contacted my supplier and send me new replacement device.
Anyway phone is amazing but I just not lucky before this device I own Huawei mate20pro 4 time change because have gluegate issues and now this device have popping display.
I don't read any issues on this type.
Just now need wait for new phone and enjoyed this beast.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I was hoping the issue was the screen protector so you didn't need to swap out the phone. 

The issue I've found with Tpu screen protectors on the Note 9 is that when a person uses the S-Pen it can leave indentations on the plastic protector. 

Personally I use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector. 

I wish you all the best with the replacement. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
First Poster

I received my note 9 on Thursday 13th December (last week) i don't have a screen protector on and mine is popping when touching the screen in certain areas, it's loud enough to hear as my mate heard it too from the other side of the room, first it was 3 quarters of the way up the screen in the centre but if i wipe down centre of screen like if i was wiping screen clean it makes a crackling/popping noise, it only happens if i hold it in certain ways but definitely not rite, sounds like something behind the glass screen to me or like if it not bonded properly or something i dunno, i got mine being picked up tomorrow and getting a replacement when they get the other back.

Note 9 Owner
Explorer

I have exactly same issue my replacement device is on way.

Update write here when come new device.

Jo 

Highlighted
First Poster

did you get you're replacement? was it alrite this time?

mine was picked up yesterday, how long it take for samsung to send your replacement since day you sent it back? hope i get replacement before christmas.

Cheers.

Note 9 Owner
Highlighted
Explorer

My replacement device was delivered today.

I change with my retailer because I buy this phone just 11.12. How long take with Samsung I don't know but this replacement don't have this issue any more happy day :) 

Highlighted
First Poster
I do have the same problem I purchased it last Tuesday I noticed that sound today ,I'll deliver it to the the retailer and see
Highlighted
First Poster

I got my new note9 ,praying it won't have the same problem

Top Liked Authors