Support

Open search

Delayed/Late Notifications

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thank you for sharing that app - it's very cool! 

I tried using it and saw that it did not offer the ability to view network logs of the device un-tampered. The app shows logs of the forced pings it makes to keep the data conneciton alive at a set interval (configurable in the settings). 

The app does not show logs of the data pings/usage in the device's natural state (unforced). This is what I wanted to monitor. 

I also saw the pattern of several minutes gap in between stop and start but that was due to a setting within the app to stop network requests while the display is off (probably to save battery). 

I did try raising the delayed PN issue with Virgin Media, who unhelpfully blamed my device and asked me to reset a lot of network settings. I didn't bother doing this as I know it's pointless and I have done it in the past. I think i'll have to learn to live with the issue for now, and stay on wifi as much as possible. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Ah yes I'm with you. I'll be honest, I'm not that technically minded when it comes to network traffic but what it did do was give me a definitive difference between tesco and  MNO's.

I've spoke to tesco several times about it, they've been through everything with me but due to the fact I've had issues on other devices they know that it can't be down to just me. My sim only deal ends in June but they've said I can leave penalty free so I will be looking for a deal on black friday. Thinking maybe 3 as EE is too expensive. Kudos to Tesco though, they've been great throughout, shame I will be leaving as their customer service is great.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes you're right there is a clear difference between the Networks in the logs you have. I don't know why but i haven't seen the Sleeping/Resuming states in my logs at all. 

I would be wary of getting a contract with 3. I left them due to absolutely disgraceful coverage. In the few places they do actually have good coverage it still isn't at the same speed as EE or Voda. Most of the time though their network was unuseable to me so I was paying for a lot of data which I couldn't actually use. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have been with 3 in the past and they were ok. But I know what you mean, plus no 2g network? Makes it difficults for calls and texts. I might see if I can get a Vodafone deal through work. EE seems to get the best internet wherever I've been but their signal is poor at my house. I suppose Wifi calling would negate that though.

Highlighted
First Poster

I have same annoying problem with Gmail notifications (Samsung J5 (2016)), I spent hours reading forums, tried all offered solutions, but nothing worked.
I thought maybe this is Samsung fault, so bought Xiaomi Mi Max 3. And guess what, after 2 days of flawless work Xiaomi started to have exactly same problem with notifications (again, mostly Gmail, others seem to arrive on time). Solutions didn’t work either. Looks like it doesn’t depend on phone brand…is it caused by Google or Android?

My job depends on those notifications, and the only phone that gets ALL of them on time, is old shattered HTC 626G with android Kitkat. It’s so ridiculous that having two new phones, I have to rely on the old one.

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello everyone for this ongoing problem, please sign and share this petition to your contacts.

http://chng.it/mdKDTcJb

there is no other option to tell samsung for the problem or they will keep ignoring it.

Top Liked Authors