Support

Open search

Data cannot use on sim 2

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Is anybody know why sim card 2 cannot use data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Newusernote9

It's how the Note 9 works.

I have the o2 network in sim one that's set as the default to use calls , texts and data.

If I make a phone call then data still works ok.

I have another different Network sim card in sim two and if I assign that as default to data for sim 2 and I make a call then data stops working.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES
AndrewL Moderator
@Newusernote9: If you're unable to use Mobile Data on your seconds SIM then it is likely that you have Mobile Data assigned to SIM card 1 (it can't be assigned to both). To check this please go to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager > Mobile Data.
First Poster

Thank you for answering me..

I did do as your instruct me to do but still cant use.. its appear to data on second sim card but the internet doesnt work

AndrewL Moderator
Have you tried moving the Mobile Data function to SIM 1 to see if this helps? Regarding SIM 2, have you contacted your network to enquire about any restrictions you may be facing with your account (such as a mobile data cap)?
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Newusernote9

It's how the Note 9 works.

I have the o2 network in sim one that's set as the default to use calls , texts and data.

If I make a phone call then data still works ok.

I have another different Network sim card in sim two and if I assign that as default to data for sim 2 and I make a call then data stops working.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors