Support

Open search

Charge port "Moisture Detected" cannot charge. I didn't get it wet.

SOLVED
Apprentice

I did not get my phone wet!  There is no moisture in there.  I can charge wirelessly.  I have tried

• clean and inspect port
  • ensure charge cord is functioning
  • waited over a week for the mystery moisture to clear
  • Clear system cache
  • Factory reset

This is garbage.  I should not be having this problem on a $1000 phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

I found something that helped on another forum.  The suggestion was to let the phone die completely.  So I let it die and left it dead for a day, in which time I cleaned the port out really good one last time, this time using a small amount of clorox bleach cleaner and a toothbrush.  I then rinsed the port out and let it dry.  Viola, now it charges without the error.  I'll never know if letting the phone go completely dead cleared something out of some cache somewhere, or if my ill-advised final cleaning with bleach finally cleared out that last bit of lint or sunscreen or whatever may have been tripping the sensor.  The good news is I don't have to send my phone off for two weeks to get repaired and it is now charging again normally.

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

Usually this type of issue resolves after 30 minutes or so.

Moisture warning is not always connected to getting the phone in physical contact with water but can be also due to temperature changes.

It could be some type of glitch with the internal sensors.

If this was my phone I'd visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for the people there to run a diagnostic test on the phone @cvantuss 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice
I had the Same issue it happened 4 times in the 3 months I had it Samsung said the port needed replacing
Highlighted
First Poster
Exactly!

I'm not positive about the cause but I think when the phone senses a spike of charging current it causes this fault. I can have my phone happily charging away in my car and then I shut off the car and park. Start ut back up and get the stupid moisture in charging port error. What's different from 5 minutes ago? Nothing was disconnected this only leaves a voltage spike from the car as a possible cause.

Also what's up with fast charge and slow charge from the same charger? When the phone is on who knows what you'll get, shut it off and dumb it down it charges fast with no stupid errors.

Sucks to have to shut it down but dumbing down works. Lol
Apprentice

I found something that helped on another forum.  The suggestion was to let the phone die completely.  So I let it die and left it dead for a day, in which time I cleaned the port out really good one last time, this time using a small amount of clorox bleach cleaner and a toothbrush.  I then rinsed the port out and let it dry.  Viola, now it charges without the error.  I'll never know if letting the phone go completely dead cleared something out of some cache somewhere, or if my ill-advised final cleaning with bleach finally cleared out that last bit of lint or sunscreen or whatever may have been tripping the sensor.  The good news is I don't have to send my phone off for two weeks to get repaired and it is now charging again normally.

Top Liked Authors