Support

Open search

Battery

Highlighted
SOLVED
Navigator

What is the current reccomendations on battery charging? Should one wait until the phone power has dropped to its lowest level say 5% to 10% before recharging? The thinking being that it this prolongs the life of the battery.

I did this on my Note 3 and the battery is still pretty and lasts the whole day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

It's a subjective topic. 

Many have their own preferences. 

Me...

I top up regularly on normal charge. 

I only fast charge if I need a quick boost. 

I find that not letting my battery drop below 20% and charging to 99% keeps my battery in good shape. 

Don't let it completely deplete. 

The best battery tip I was given years ago was to turn Off the battery % sign in the status bar and just enjoy the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

It's a subjective topic. 

Many have their own preferences. 

Me...

I top up regularly on normal charge. 

I only fast charge if I need a quick boost. 

I find that not letting my battery drop below 20% and charging to 99% keeps my battery in good shape. 

Don't let it completely deplete. 

The best battery tip I was given years ago was to turn Off the battery % sign in the status bar and just enjoy the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

yah I don't leave it charging overnight

Observer

Allowing your batterydrop limits the number of cycles the battery has thereby making it loose its life, so i suggest you top up charge whenever you notice your battery is going below 50% because at 10% you already have 90% DOD which reduces it cycle 

Apprentice

@Anthoko wrote:

Allowing your batterydrop limits the number of cycles the battery has thereby making it loose its life, so i suggest you top up charge whenever you notice your battery is going below 50% because at 10% you already have 90% DOD which reduces it cycle 

As far as battery cycles go 2 X 50% charges = 1 cycle or 1 X 90% charge + 1 X 10% charge = 1 cycle. It doesn't matter how you split it up. You don't avoid a cycle by charging before 50%. Cycle count is only an indication of battery health anyway, you can't improve your battery health by somehow cheating the cycle count, it's really irrelevant to the question being asked.

Top Liked Authors