Support

Open search

Apps are crashing

First Poster

This has been the 4th time I have reported this issue with Samsung via chat about my apps crashing. Phone goes back to the home screen when you open an app. They suggested I should clean the cache. Solution didn't work. The ultimate solution according to the phone advisor was to do a hard reset. That means all data will be wiped out too. Anyone here who experiences that? 

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

My Note 9 is working fine with the new Samsung One Ui  / Pie update @Mikeal 

However we all use different apps.

Which apps are causing this ?

Before a back up and factory reset which in my opinion is a very last resort..... I'd first suggest to put your phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If it stops then it's an app clashing with the update. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time.

If it continues in Safe Mode then Yes a Factory reset may help and a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone too.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Pathfinder

while it may be a last ditch effort, back up your data either on the cloud or use Smart Switch to your computer.  I did a reset on mine last week and mine was fine afterwards.  Smart Switch would be the easiest method to make sure that you save everything.  I lost a couple of pictures that wern't on the cloud, but I still had my note 5 that had them on it.  I synced my 5 to my computer then restored to my 9.  All my picture are present now.  

Top Liked Authors