Support

Open search

Alcantara Cover for Note 9

Explorer

I saw a thread somewhere online that an alcantara cover for GN9 does exist but production is currently suspended due to material shortage - any official word on this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

I too have seen threads elsewhere to which it seems people are purchasing 3rd party similar cases to the model your asking about. 

From what I've come to see Samsung have dropped this case from their line up for reasons that I think may not be told to us public in regards to their Own business decisions. 

It's a shame as that case oozed class. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Nope, not 3rd party. Im talking actual OEM. In fact, the following is a link to a pic of an official GN9 Alcantara cover in the wild. This tells me it is/was definitely in production but for whatever reason production has been suspended. 

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fskelbiu-img.dgn.lt%2F1_5_700209481%2Fsamsung-gala...

Superuser I
Superuser I

I haven't seen anything official from Samsung about the cover only that for reasons known to them it's no longer available at this time. 

I'm not refuting the pictures but its possible mock ups have been created.

Let's hope something changes so you can have the case you want. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Those look fake to me.  Considering the camera and fingerprinter sensor holes are in different places on several of the photos, the build quality is questionable to say the least and the printing on the front of the packaging has obvioulsy not gone through quality control.  How difficult is it to spell "durable" rather than "durabl e"?  Not to mention the thickness of the "leather".  I had an alcantara case for an old iPhone and the leather was paper thin, smooth on the outside, slightly quilted on the inside and felt soft to the touch.  Personally, it looks like someone has cut up a fake chamois leather cloth and wrapped it round a cheap genuine Note 9 case for the physical mock up and then photoshopped some others for the "official" product photos but has messed up and used cases from different phones.

Just my opinion of course.

Top Liked Authors