Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 01:45 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

i don't have the phone and i view things on the panels i prefer like my af9 oled tv, i am pleading with the retailer right now i honestly despise samsung for what they did, after all the praise i read on the note screen i get this mess, and i don't even know if it's like that with every screen or a few and why only some people notice it i noticed it sithlord noticed it, but it's not a widely complained about problem, the note 10 is still pretty new, on the s10 which should have similar type of display calibration it is a pretty widely complained problem

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/azlgee/galaxy_s10_red_tint_issue_is_still_prevalent/

here it's mentioned too https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/help/red-tinged-display-vivid-mode-t3908341

quote from the thread

Unfortunately this seems to be a matter of the display lottery once again. I, too, had a red-tinged display on my pre-order unit that couldn't be corrected with the fine tuning. It was even worse in vivid mode. I received a second device with a later manufacturing date and the display was impeccable in natural and vivid. No turning needed. I will say, though, that there is no such thing as a perfect OLED. Every display features a bit of variation ranging from various states of warmth to coolness and having various degrees of color shift. The goal is to obtain a device with a display that is adequate to your own eyes.

I hope that helps.

PS: No it isn't the screen protector distorting the display. Be careful removing that if you choose to. I have T-Mobile and they gave me one heck of a time exchanging even in my 14 days. Samsung told T-Mobile that the preinstalled protector is considered 'part' of the device and removal is akin to physical damage. Maybe they were trying to feed me a line, but take that as you will.

the fact that samsung refuses to even acknowledge it or provide any solution is awful as 12 000 is not a small amount of money i will be paying off a phone i hate for 3 years

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

So finally we agree ? Calibration problem, some people have this problem, some do not. Happens on all OLED (be it sony or samsung or whatever). Also means most might have true white calibrated screens (usually as you prolly know it is mostly complainers who post on forums).

Kinda sum'd up from your post.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

literally anything you say is extremely biased so i have no interest in discussing this with you.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

You're right. Since you turned it back, you'd rather discuss sony displays on sony forums.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

don't care about the brand i care about the display itself, but i will not respond to you again you tried to use a "screenshot looks white" as an excuse to argue with me which made anything you say null and void to me i believe you were the guy to say i have an eye disease too i may be wrong though, but thank you for your input.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

You really took this seriously? God...

And i did not use it, was Chazey joke.

My whole point is rather simple : you're just trying to pull down samsung or something because you're a Sony fan ; you spread lies on all forums and twitter. I'm just tired to see this ***** everywhere with no more additions than the same things you write over and over again. It is tireing, if you have a pb with your device go sue them and stop annoying other people.

There is many issues software wise for example, that would require more attention than a calibration issue that can be fixed, IF YOU KNEW that to obtain the cold colour, you should not pull green colour up right but only red down and blue fully up. Saw your screenshots, told you about it, but then you just shut up and did not give feedback.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

that is why i have no interest in discussing with you because you are agressive and defensive of samsung as well as zero knowledge on the subject and what i have tried, you are telling me everything i already have tried because you refuse to accept the fact that these displays have a red tint, you won't look at logic or reason, as long as you have a way  to disprove me no matter what, next time you will say that my room has the wrong lighting making the screen appear red, it never ends you simply are ridiculous because you don't care about facts you only care about being biased, so i will try not to respond to you any more.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i've come to a very scary conclusion, i tested my dads old galaxy s9+ to really get a feel of the colors and the brightness, it has no tint what so ever the colors are perfectly cold compared to the yellow galaxy fold white is whiter on the s9+, and the fold was better than the note 10+ so if the note 10+ had a screen like the s9+ i would have been happy how is this normal how is this ok? how is it not embarassing that a newer model is positively worse than an old one how is it not a joke that i am saying that i'd prefer the note 10+ to have a several generations older display? because that display on the s9+ is actually really good, i was surprised once i made it colder and increased to max brightness.

i don't know what samsung did with newer models but i call it false advertising they are considerably worse than the older ones when it comes to display quality.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

but don't take my my word for it see for 

yourself i would clal the 10 series a scam 

at this point

DSC_4570.JPGDSC_4568.JPGDSC_4565.JPGDSC_4564.JPG

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

i thought this was an interesting revelation, here is the note 10+ on display in a store i set it to natural, and here it is next to my dads s9+DSC_0101.JPGDSC_0090.JPG

0 Likes