Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 09:14 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

currently going through two painful things so thats too much, i had a surface pro break on me all they want to offer is a refurbished likely scratched unit i paid for new so i want new but theres nothing i can do about it, i would feel much better if i got rid of these 2 painful nightmares but i can't, at least i want to get rid of the note because i seriously could not stand it it was decent but thats not what i look for when paying 1200 dollars for a phone.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

not biased just sensitive to color tints more so than the general public, some people prefer warm displays i do not, you saw how sithlord in this thread mentioned the exact same issue and posted screenshots i am not biased just more sensitive, you seem to be the one biased towards samsung as i have seen nothing but attacks on my situation.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

No. You still dont get it.

Most screens are just beautiful, you are whining for nothing.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

no you are the one biased towards samsung when you can't accept that not everyones like a display that warm, wheather this is on all screens or on a certain number i don't know either way you are being biased.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Then look at Chazey screenshot 2 pages ago. It is deep white.

Let's do something fair, do not reply to this thread anymore, until some people jump in because of the same issue (preferably not a 2nd account of your own...), instead of coming back to put it on top everytime it falls.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

you are literally saying that a white screenshot looks white to you

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

and no i will not stop responding i'd prefer i f you just stopped responding because you're clearly biased and not very knowledgeable in the subject

a white screenshot shows the white as it appears on your display not his phone, i can't believe i even have to explain that.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options
1. Screenshots are useless for judging screen colour. Its dependant on the viewers hardware not the taken image. I mean that's basic knowledge .
2. Who's his second account? I firstly only posted because instead of him receiving help he got some snotty comment about how he must have eye disease. I mean colour is subjective to the user no? The fact of the matter is that Samsung's displays in 2019 ARE less blue, by design and if a user notices that the colour is too warm it's because of the panels this year being less blue than previous years, not because he has eye disease. You can stick a note 10 next to a note 9 and for sure there is a difference because Samsung have reduced the blue light in all panels from the S10 onwards.
Blindly accusing the user of having 2 accounts, and insulting him because he can see this difference from other brands is not helpful in the slightest, advising like previously on any settings that can help or which modes to use can help but in my case and others, until samsung allow rgb level control on the non vivid mode we are stuck with Warmer screens, it's just fact.
But again trying to disprove with a screenshot wont work for obvious reasons.
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

thank you you are the only one that understands my problem, samsung needs to add more strenght to the rgb control overall because even in vivid mode it's way too warm and tinted all examples i've shown is in vivid mode, i don't know why they chose to do this for everyone rather than making it a setting callled "comfortable eyeviewing" now there is no choice i didn't buy a 1200 phone to be healthy i bought it to enjoy it, i mean on a sony if you pull blue up the max and green and red down to 0 it becomes completely blue thats possible to do, now compare doing the same on a samsung galaxy note 10+ and it's not even enough to make it cold.

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

@zzcool500 wrote:

and no i will not stop responding i'd prefer i f you just stopped responding because you're clearly biased and not very knowledgeable in the subject

a white screenshot shows the white as it appears on your display not his phone, i can't believe i even have to explain that.

All I can say on my display white appears white.

If I take a photo of pure white and post it surely will display on your display as the wrong tint if your display is faulty, not saying it's not just an observation, so all the augment is a bit null and void. I suggest you take this as far as you can with the retailer and then make complaint to your counties governing body for consumer protection.

0 Likes