Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 07:07 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

you need to take a photo with a camera for anyone to see the screen a screenshot will do nothing

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

@zzcool500 wrote:

thats the thing i tried to return it it was well whithin the legal limit but the retailer refused to take it in because it had been at samsung service for an official repair so that destroyed my ability to send it back as i was about to send it back.

The I would fight that point with, in the UK trading standards who I'm sure would up hold the side of the augment that it was beyond your control.

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options
Then I would fight that point with, in the UK trading standards who I'm sure would up hold the side of the augment that it was beyond your control.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

i am in sweden and it wen't through a repair at an authorized samsung repair shop and that made my ability to send it back again null and void, there is nothing i can do but keep pleading with the retailer to take it back which i am trying but they are whithin their legal right to tell me sorry can't help you, i have been a customer to them for over a decade now so i hope they make an exception for me, i have a debt now lasting 3 years to pay it off and i feel like never even taking it back from samsung i don't want it it's worthless to me i feel like they can keep it at this point thats how much i hate that awful thing.

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

You do not have a similar body to trading standards? Your new phone had to have a repair at an authorized repair centre, that should not affect standard warranty or your statuary rights. Dam sure it wouldn't in the UK. Take it to your local authority that deals with complaints against retailers and or company dealing.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

in sweden we have a law you can send anything back that you buy online whithin 14 days provided it is in unchanged condition, the fact that it wen't through a repair technically changes it's condition not visually but technically they had to open it up and swap out the backglass losing the imei code, visually the phone is brand new and perfect as any other apart from the lack of a printed imei code technically they it is in changed condition, so i have no idea what legal rights i have to send it back and the sending back time has long since passed, it's been 2 months now, i am even asking them if they can take it back on a reduced cost, i just don't want it i really don't i hate it so much that i want to leave it somewhere outside and forget it exists, i hate samsung for doing this to their phones i don't know if all phones are like this if a third of them are like this either way the colors are awfully tinted to the point where i couldn't use anything other than black colors to hide that awful screen, that screen was so bad that getting used too it was impossible the galaxy fold is yellowish but it's so little that i did get used too until i see a different display at which point it starts to feel yellow again it's not perfect but it's good it's acceptable, the note is not acceptable.

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

If the authorized repair establishment agreed a repair was required which they carried out changing the device in some way then I fail to see how you are not covered by your counties laws.

Get the unit back, I have read you have a Sony now so use that and fight the case.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

i had a sony xperia 5 but i couldn't afford to keep 2 phones so i sent it back, i will contact arn which deals with this kind of thing but i genuinely do not want to pick a fight with a retailer inet that i have bought from for over a decade and generally enjoy but at this point i feel i have no choice, because this is a large debt and i can't afford it if it's not a thing i can even use.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Zz you're biaised.
You spreaded all internet with your screenshots and when one is white you cannot see a thing?

Face it, many have a deep white display, accept it like we can accept that yours is faulty.
0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

Why not pick a fight they obviously don't give a dam about you.

I would try talking higher up the chain of the retailer explain your case clearly and calmly. If you get the cold shoulder then go all the way as make officio complaint to your relevent body.

0 Likes