Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 03:40 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

seems we both had back luck as i have the same exact issue but the display i saw in the store as seen in the photo doesn't this perfectly proves that not all displays are the same, also after testing the green method mentioned the colors now has a slight green tint i had to pull it down to 0 again for the colors to appear better white appears better with green turned up a little though.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

got word from samsung that they've escalated my issue to VOC voice of customer they are going to personally inspect my note 10+ now, this mess is just terrible i've been without a phone for weeks now i hope this can get solved i really do, i do give props to samsung for trying i do worry that they'll see the red tint as normal considering i am not alone as seen from sithlord, but i don't see it as normal that some phones have a red tint and some don't it's not normal to me, it doesn't seem like a unique issue as i am 90% sure that mine has the same exact red tint as the pictures posted here, but it does seem like an issue, the question is if samsung sees it as an issue if i do get lucky and get a full refund i will buy it again and see if the issue still exists if it does i will send it back and buy it again until i get one with a cold screen.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i finally got the xz3 now, the xz3 is hands down the best display i have ever seen in terms of smartphones no colors come close too it shame it's not a pretty phone, i showed it to my dad and asked him which screen he prefers the galaxy fold or the xz3 he straight away said xz3 then he took out his s9+ which was better than the fold to the point where he only was looking at the difference in white where the xz3 still won only in white to me the xz3 has better colors to him he saw no difference apart from white, he had a hard time differenciatingng the xz3 vs the s9+ in terms of color clarity where the fold made him instantly pick the xz3, s9+ was better than the fold to him, the fact that this is happening is just confusing to me, everyone praises samsung displays and yet neither i nor him prefered any samsung display over the xz3 set to supervividmode and to a colder setting (s9+ and fold was also set to the coldest but they could not get as cold as the xz3 could, now i have compared to 3 different samsung devices they all differ in colors where the s9+ is good enough to be good to me the fold is good when you get used too it until you see something else and feel how yellow it is but it's good enough, the note 10+ was absolute worse of them all, if i get a refund for that note 10+ i'll likely never buy samsung again which is a shame as everything else is good with samsung phones but i can't accept a screen that my eyes won't favor to me in terms of all samsung phones the s9+ wins and xz3 wins over all of them and that shouldn't happen.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options
heard back about the note 10+ had actual samsung technicians look at it still told it's normal, so by design these displays are meant to be that red and yellow or it's normal that different displays have different tints, you saw yourself in this thread how i am not alone with this i will take this as a loss and just sell it at a loss, this was the first samsung phone and last samsung phone i've bought i do not understand how people love to have yellow and red displays if thats the actual case, i am baffled and confused very confused actually.
0 Likes
John79x
Journeyman
Options

I must be lucky and have one of these Note 10+ models that do not have a warm tone issue.

I think mine is beautiful.

zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

it's normal to samsung that the displays are that much different would you mind posting pictures as this is helpful for everyone preferably compared to a different phone.

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

Looks white to me.Screenshot_20191110-182247_Chrome.jpg

zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

can't see anything through a screenshot.

0 Likes
chazey2
Pioneer
Options

I might be daft but is a screen shot not a 'shot' of the screen. How it looks? All I can say is it looks white to me, very white. I've seen you post this issue various areas of the web to the point it's boring. If you have a defective unit then yes you have a justifiable complaint but to keep banging on! 

Why did you not return the phone? I assume your in the EU and the laws must be similar as the UK.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

thats the thing i tried to return it it was well whithin the legal limit but the retailer refused to take it in because it had been at samsung service for an official repair so that destroyed my ability to send it back as i was about to send it back.

0 Likes