Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issue causing apps to crash

(Topic created on: 14-02-2020 10:00 AM)
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

the Note10 seems to have a strange WiFi issue which causes certain apps to crash. Examples in my case are Google Cloud Print and Google Pay in combination with Commerzbank App (for approving the sign in). If WiFi is disabled, the apps do not crash.

This issue is also reported in other forum, also at google, but as different apps are affected, I think its an issue with the Note10. Is Samsung aware of this issue and when can we expect a patch for it?

Best regards

Stefan

27 REPLIES 27
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

@AntSAre you aware that also other apps are affected by this, not only Google Cloud Print? I mentioned that in my initial posting.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@stna1981 , You did indeed - sorry about that! 

For any other affected apps the developers are going to need log files from users to analyse. Appreciate that you had some challenges with that, so I'd advise anyone else out there encountering the same issue to send log files via Members app error reports. 

0 Likes
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

@AntS

Did your developers get any feedback from Google, has the issue at least be confirmed to being investigated by them?

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

@AntS So how's the progress here? That issue is really annoying. At least for the flagship phone, I would have expected some more dedication from the Samsung developers!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@stna1981 , I'll ask if our developers have received any news from Google about it for you.

Apart from the apps you mentioned, are there any other apps similarly affected? Is Google Pay generally fine for you, and it's only when used with the Commerzbank app on Wi-Fi that it crashes? 

(I was going to check that Google Support link to see if there had been any more reports or development, but annoyingly it's coming up with a "This page is no longer available".)

0 Likes
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

Hi @AntS 

so far I only noticed the issue in Google Cloud Print and Google Pay during setup with the Commerzbank app. Google Pay itself is working fine in shops, but usually I have no active Wi-Fi there so I cannot tell 100% for sure whether there might be issues when being connected to Wi-Fi and then trying to pay via Google Pay. Would have to simulate that with a Wi-Fi Hotspot created by another phone.

Seems Google took that thread offline, that's also a way to deal with unsolved problems that have been ignored for a long tim... However, you can still find reports of other users here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note10-Note10-Note10-5G/Cloud-Print/td-p/1310917#

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-10+/help/google-cloud-print-note10-plus-t3960553?nocach...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSxm1fP6DUo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.cloudprint&hl=en_US&showAllRev...

Last link is Google Play store where you can also find lots of S10 and Note10 users complaining about the crashes.

Best regards

Stefan

AntS
Options

Cheers @stna1981! :smiling-face: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Our developers say that the last communication they received from Google on this one was from February 11th 2019, with Google advising that they were still working on the issue.

0 Likes
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

Hi @AntS 

Do you really think it takes Google over 1 year (!) to fix such a simple issue? They have just not been doing anything regarding this bug. This is really a shame. Cloud Print is a really common function nowadays and I would expect that Samsung is interested in making this function work without issues on their phones and that Samsung has enough of a standing at Google to force the correction of such nasty bugs happening on their phones. Aren't they?

0 Likes
kadirackgz
First Poster
Options
Any updates on this. I am having the same issue with my s10. Cant print anything while wifi is on.
It was ok before android 10 update.
0 Likes