Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen isn't white note 10

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 12:40 PM)
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options

I purchased a note 10 and I've noticed when you are using apps or Google etc the page isn't true white. Depending on what so you are using its different colours slightly. If you are on Google it's got a grey tinge, of you are on Facebook it had a red tinge. WhatsApp looks green and Twitter changes constantly. I still have a note 9 and that screen looks perfect compared to the note 10. Has anyone else noticed a difference.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Hi @!!

In Settings, Screen submenu, be sure that Blue Light Filter is off, and you will have a less warm apparence and a most clear white, also choose Adaptive display  in Screen mode as other used said (white some more intense), after in the same page, go down to White balance to adjust your white level, and to finish go to down to advanced option an set RGB color, you could reduce a bit the red color for a white a little bit more clear.

Bye all and thanks :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: 

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

i tried all of that i tried everything as i mentioned there is no setting around this i even wen't as far as to look in developer settings to see if theres anything theres nothing, i have tried EVERY single thing there is to do to get around this problem there is no way none what so ever, the last thing i can try is rooting the phone and downloading a rom with different calibration settings thats the last final thing i can try which i won't as it will conviniently permantly trip knox forever.

Urrl
Explorer
Options

Not sure if this is Snapdragn version but it is obviously so dim compared with the iPhone. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i10OY9xYyg

I did compare it with the Xperia 1 just before I sold it and the Xperia was initially brighter until I went into Device Care and clicked on battery, Power Mode and then clicked on High Performance and chose Brightness +10%, clicked on apply, then on High Performance screen double checked to make sure Adaptive Power Saving on the bottom of the screen was set to OFF. The screens were comparable, the Note 10 plus screen looked brighter though as I remember. If you are coming from a brighter phone I understand your disappointment but my screen is plenty bright for me; Snap Dragon US Version.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

@zzcool500 wrote:

i tried all of that i tried everything as i mentioned there is no setting around this i even wen't as far as to look in developer settings to see if theres anything theres nothing, i have tried EVERY single thing there is to do to get around this problem there is no way none what so ever, the last thing i can try is rooting the phone and downloading a rom with different calibration settings thats the last final thing i can try which i won't as it will conviniently permantly trip knox forever.

Under warranty STOP!!! please or you will lose, then it will be better to adquire the prestation of advanced technical people to work with it to set RGB line power correctly :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

@Urrl that is genial !!! but the problem it is not about brightness are about RGB intensity, a pixel compound of a mix of power line of its.

It is as your will have a warm level in the screen (more red than normal) as default.

Samsung had similar problems with some models before, is better request than to do ourselves, but very thanks for your apply and experience tell us your info :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

StormBlast
Student
Options

I have just received Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Have exactly same issue. Comparing to my old Note 8. The difference is HUGE! Note 10 is yellowish / greyish. White is not even close to how well white looked on Note 8. Hope these complaints reach Samsung and hope there is a software solution to balance the colors well. Otherwise, there is no chance that I will keep a phone with such screen. 

Yes, I did all the steps with power, resolution, brightness, no blue light filter, +10% brightness, etc.... Played with Natural / Vivid modes, with the color sliders in Vivid modes. It does NOT bring it any close to how white should look like and how it looked on Note 8.

My version of Note 10 Plus is: SM-N975F DS. European version, Ireland.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

Trust me they don't care at all I had it investigated by them multiple times always told there's nothing wrong I ended up selling it at a loss saw a note 10+ in a store that didn't have the same awful problem l was able to give it a blue tone instead.

0 Likes
StormBlast
Student
Options

It is sad, sorry to hear that 😕

However, I keep playing with my new Note 10 and for example, in games, the screen looks better than Note 8. Yes, I focues my attention at the white-is elements.

Perhaps it is some kind of new samsung's policy / framework, to dull the whit colors a bit in the OS? It would affect the icons and other apps which use the main framework? 

EDIT: I take it back. I just played 2 same youtube videos on Note 10 and Note 8, side by side. The difference is huge and Note 10 is just RUBBISH.

On top of that I have also noticed that Note 10 screen looses quality faster than Note 8 when changing the looking angle.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

It's either a severe case of screen lottery or by design either way it was the worst display I've seen try to compare it to the Xperia 5 the 5 will crush it

0 Likes
Thesohaibmansor
First Poster
Options

It worst experience to have this dull white. No revieweres who actually forces to buy u these cell phones mentioned this problem. The finger lock is also another worst thing to experience. 

0 Likes