Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C to Headphone Adapter; Works with non OEM headphones but not AUX

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 04:35 PM)
Dino90
Student
Options

I currently have the Note 10+

When i plug in a usb-c headphone adapter and use any pair of headphones, the audio comes thru just fine, but when i use an AUX cord i get no sound.  I confirmed the auxilary cord is working just fine by plugging it into my iPad.  This does not make sense to me considering if audio is going thru the jack, it should work with all audio plugs such as AUX cords, not just headphones.   Can anyone find a solution to this problem? or are there any settings for the USB-C port to audio?

Thank you!

-Dino

12 REPLIES 12
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Dino90 

I see what maybe the problem, this can be caused by loss of analog signal quality. This is due to the very minimal power that is transmitted down a 3.5mm cable and the power loss over distance, I have found this a few times in the past whilst working with audio from analog to digital conversion as the usb C part of the cable does the converting of the analog signal to the phone. Which usb C  dongle are you using? 

0 Likes
Imam_77
Apprentice
Options

I ordered yesterday Samsung Official USB-C to AUX adapter (new) from US Samsung to Samsung Finland which is not in stores yet but I ordered by Samsung Finland Official's Store Officially and tested on my phone Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus+ and didnt work. I tried other dongles too only Apple's worked but in very low volume. So whats the solution?? We need helpers. Also I returned the samsung dongle which is really awful that Samsung's dongle doesnt work on samsung device as Note 10 Plus.

More information about the Samsung Official USB-C to AUX adapter is designed for Note 10 and Note 10 Plus+ because of the Digital Audio (Digital Dolby) with high and filthy sound and suddenly not working.

0 Likes
Jonny_foulkes
First Poster
Options

I messaged Samsung direct and got the answer that aux is not supported yet, make a complaint and they may include the software on the next update. I. Gutted, I would not have chosen this phone if I knew this would be an issue, I cant connection to my floor pedal for guitar practice now

Bobjames
Explorer
Options

I'm having the same problem with my S20+.  I hope they can sort it out because I need to connect it to a separate amplifier.

0 Likes
Dino90
Student
Options

There is a solution to this problem. You must use SAMSUNG brand adapter. No other universal brand will work. Only samsung. Which in my opinion is bull*****

Bobjames
Explorer
Options

Hi, Dino, That's great. Do you think it will work fully with the S20+? Thanks Bob

0 Likes
JohanHorak
Apprentice
Options

Yes. Useless. I bought a USB C to 3.5 adapter just to realise Samsung does not recognise it. Why have a USB when it's not a USB its a Samsung specific USB. Never declared.

Samsung audio functionality sucks. 

I read there is some pro audio app that may work. I am trying to attach a microphone. 

0 Likes
Mattcarp
First Poster
Options

You need to make sure its a usbc to 3.5mm with built in dac chip mate that will allow you to use headphones i have one and it works on my ultra. Just can't get a aux to work with it 🙁

@JohanHorak wrote:

Yes. Useless. I bought a USB C to 3.5 adapter just to realise Samsung does not recognise it. Why have a USB when it's not a USB its a Samsung specific USB. Never declared.

Samsung audio functionality sucks. 

I read there is some pro audio app that may work. I am trying to attach a microphone. 

0 Likes
Bobjames
Explorer
Options

I'm please to report that this adaptor https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Z7CMZ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 works great on headphones and aux out on my S20+ Uk phone. Regards Bob