Support

Open search

Samsung Upgrade Program Fail

SOLVED
First Poster

Disappointed with them, second year in a row they have sent the "your window is open message" early in error ,  this time right on the Note 10 release day (and one a few days before to say get ready.)

You get all excited and sign in to be told your not eligible yet. When you call support your promised a call back only to get a crappy email saying they are sorry they made a mistake, and I can have the pleasure of buying their product in 3 months.

Not good enough, and maybe I will look elsewhere.

Thanks for wasting my time Samsung

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Windows updates are managed by Microsoft and aren't controlled by Samsung at all, you can however manually upgrade using this tool:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-download/windows10

Please note that this is more risky considering the usual safety checks during Windows Update will not run.

No idea how windows upgrade is related to buying a phone, but at least this is how you get Windows 1903  

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Windows updates are managed by Microsoft and aren't controlled by Samsung at all, you can however manually upgrade using this tool:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-download/windows10

Please note that this is more risky considering the usual safety checks during Windows Update will not run.

No idea how windows upgrade is related to buying a phone, but at least this is how you get Windows 1903  

First Poster
Thank for pointing out my mistake fixed. Doh
Superuser I
Superuser I

Haha, no worries - It happens to the best of us!  

Ah yes, the upgrade program is a different story. The idea is that you are able to upgrade once every 365 days. If that time isn't passed you are unfortunately not eligable yet.

Source: 
https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/

First Poster

@Knight150 wrote:

Disappointed with them, second year in a row they have sent the "your window is open message" early in error ,  this time right on the Note 10 release day (and one a few days before to say get ready.)

You get all excited and sign in to be told your not eligible yet. When you call support your promised a call back only to get a crappy email saying they are sorry they made a mistake, and I can have the pleasure of buying their product in 3 months.

Not good enough, and maybe I will look elsewhere.

Thanks for wasting my time Samsung

Hi, I have recieved an email to saying I am eligibe I am able to access the upgrade lounge but I encounter the error message when trying to complete the check out... is this what you are seeing too?Screenshot_20190809-103321_Samsung Internet.jpg

DannyT Moderator

On this one, we'd advise getting in touch with our Online Shop Team for more help with this. The Upgrade Programme was having a few issues a few days ago, but it should all be running smoothly again.

You can contact the Online Shop Team on 0330 726 7467. 

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Top Liked Authors