Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Upgrade Program Fail

(Topic created on: 10-08-2019 12:39 PM)
Knight150
Pioneer
Options

Disappointed with them, second year in a row they have sent the "your window is open message" early in error ,  this time right on the Note 10 release day (and one a few days before to say get ready.)

You get all excited and sign in to be told your not eligible yet. When you call support your promised a call back only to get a crappy email saying they are sorry they made a mistake, and I can have the pleasure of buying their product in 3 months.

Not good enough, and maybe I will look elsewhere.

Thanks for wasting my time Samsung

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Windows updates are managed by Microsoft and aren't controlled by Samsung at all, you can however manually upgrade using this tool:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-download/windows10

Please note that this is more risky considering the usual safety checks during Windows Update will not run.

No idea how windows upgrade is related to buying a phone, but at least this is how you get Windows 1903 :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Knight150
Pioneer
Options
Thank for pointing out my mistake fixed. Doh
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Haha, no worries - It happens to the best of us! :winking-face: 

Ah yes, the upgrade program is a different story. The idea is that you are able to upgrade once every 365 days. If that time isn't passed you are unfortunately not eligable yet.

Source: 
https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/

Yousaf99
Journeyman
Options

@Knight150 wrote:

Disappointed with them, second year in a row they have sent the "your window is open message" early in error ,  this time right on the Note 10 release day (and one a few days before to say get ready.)

You get all excited and sign in to be told your not eligible yet. When you call support your promised a call back only to get a crappy email saying they are sorry they made a mistake, and I can have the pleasure of buying their product in 3 months.

Not good enough, and maybe I will look elsewhere.

Thanks for wasting my time Samsung

Hi, I have recieved an email to saying I am eligibe I am able to access the upgrade lounge but I encounter the error message when trying to complete the check out... is this what you are seeing too?Screenshot_20190809-103321_Samsung Internet.jpg

DannyT
Options

On this one, we'd advise getting in touch with our Online Shop Team for more help with this. The Upgrade Programme was having a few issues a few days ago, but it should all be running smoothly again.

You can contact the Online Shop Team on 0330 726 7467. 

Welcome to the Community!

Jack_s
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue with my upgrade! Samsung shop support is absolutely useless!! All they're saying is " we have re-set your account, it will take up to 48, after that you will be able to upgrade" I've been hearing this every two days in the past few weeks!!! Sadly still can't upgrade! I want to pay £1000 but no one want to take it! Awful service!!!!

Jack_S
0 Likes
DL11
Journeyman
Options
I tried 3 times could not sign contract, I called Klarna concerned about credit footprints, they said no, no there's none left.....this is bull***** there are 50 yes 50 Searches been done
0 Likes