Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 10+ AKG Headphone Issue

(Topic created on: 15-09-2019 12:21 PM)
Jamrobs20
Apprentice
Options

Hey.

This is a question probably more geared toward anyone who preordered the Note 10.

I'm having a massive compatibility issue between the Note 10 and the headphones that came bundled in with the preorder (AKG N700 wireless noise cancelling).

They connect via Bluetooth fine. But if any app uses Bluetooth in the background the audio completely drops and I have to re-pair the headphones. This also happens if, once paired, you then go back in to the Bluetooth settings on the phone. Has anyone else had this issue? My wife got the same phone and headphones and is having the same issue.

Steps taken so far;
Factory reset phone
Had the headphones replaced by Samsung.
Tried the headphones on an older phone running Android 8 (they work fine).
Tried different Bluetooth headphones on the Note 10 (they work fine).
Contacted AKG for support (they said that because the headphones work on other models this is a Samsung issue).

Contacted Samsung support who advised the following;
Delete Bluetooth and network settings.
Factory reset phone.
Delete AKG app then factory reset phone.

None of this is working and it's doing my head in as they cut out every 10 mins or so. Please help

12 REPLIES 12
SamBass
Student
Options

I have the same issue

Following has been done:
1. Had the headphones replaced by Samsung.
2. Tried the headphones on an older phone S7 worked fine.
3. Contacted AKG for support (they said that is a Samsung issue).

4. Contacted Samsung support who advised the following:
     a. Delete Bluetooth and network settings.

b. turn off battery optimisation for the apps that having the issue. (Spotify, games, youtube, bluetooth etc.) 
     c. Delete AKG app

D. Factory reset phone.

Below is what the agent advised:

I see. Alright, looking at the past notes, it seems that its not getting anywhere. I mentioned earlier that it has not been recognized as a official common issue yet. That's why Samsung has not released a software update to fix it.

13:42

Leo

But its obvious that a lot of people are being affected.

13:42

Leo

We will send an email to our developers about it. I'm pretty sure that they are aware about it at this point, but we haven't heard from them so I will file a follow up.

Jamrobs20
Apprentice
Options

Hey Sam,

I reached out on another forum and received the following advice which worked. I emailed it to Samsung support and AKG but they fobbed me off with a thanks for letting us know...

From Android Central;
nukesike
I found the source of the problem - There is an issue between the AKG N700NCM2 + Samsung Scalable Codec + bluetooth scanning

How to reliably reproduce the problem (and fix)

1. Connect AKG to Note10
2. Check "Bluetooth Audio Codec" in Developer options. It should have defaulted to Scalable Codec
3. Start playing video or music
4. Open the bluetooth panel from settings.
Opening the panel starts a scan (stop button at the top). This should cut the audio
5. Go to Developer options
6. Change "Bluetooth Audio Codec" to SBC or AAC (these are supported by AKGs)
7. Audio should be fixed.

My guess is the random disconnections are happening due to bluetooth scan happening in the background.

Unfortunetely, ScalableCodec will default everytime you reconnect the AKGs.

There is a quick and easy solution...
Enable dual audio on the phone under Bluetooth/Advances --- this forces the phone to default to SBC.

I reproduced this on a note8 so this doesn't seem to be note10 specific

SamBass
Student
Options

Hi Jamrobs20

Thats awesome, so good you found that.

I think enabling the Dual Audio works. Tested last night and no issues, Spotify and playing a game at the same time for about an hour. Then on call while playing a game. 

No issues at all :smiling-face: 

Thank you!!!!!!

Shimaa
First Poster
Options

We have the same problem, my husband has the same phone and Akg headphones and he's also going through that, I'm also go through this frustration with the same handset and same headphones. I have taken possible steps to fix it but the issue is  still there, I just wrote a complaint to samsung support about this today, let's see what they say. It's completely frustrating!!

0 Likes
Jamrobs20
Apprentice
Options
Hey I think AKG have sorted it! Download the AKG app, pair your headphones, click settings and firmware. Check for update and there is one. Takes about 10 mins to install and now no more probs
ShortyRaitch
First Poster
Options

Thanks!!:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: This has fixed the issue with Spotify cutting out after 3-5 seconds. Everything else worked fine except Spotify and Podbeam.

Raitch

0 Likes
fahadiqbal19
Student
Options

I am having the same issue. The AKG headphones are not working with the phone but when I plug into my laptop, they work fine. Obviously this is a compatibility issue. 

Samsung needs to sort this out and they have been playing dumb here.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @fahadiqbal19 

Have you followed the steps shown above that seem to have fixed this issue?

0 Likes
fahadiqbal19
Student
Options

yes. but it doesn't work for me.

besides, I would imagine this should be a fix for the headphones connected via Bluetooth, whereas mine ones are the USB type C.

I am not surprised that a ''galaxy note'' is having issues again! This is my last ever Samsung phone. I am honestly fed up with their attitude. 

0 Likes