Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10plus sound issue - phone thinks it is on call

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 04:08 PM)
Chaala
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I am having issues with the sound on my Note 10+.

I first discovered it when watching a movie on Netflix, original Samsung AKG headphones were connected and there wasnt any sound coming. I tried to increase the volume by using the phone volume buttons and on the screen I saw In Call Volume increasing, not the Media one.. even though I go to the settings to increase Media one specifically it didnt change anything.

Then i had to restart my phone and it was back to normal.

Then the next day I realised my alarm sound is not working, it only beeps. Then I checked the selected sound, it was same as before (which is not just a beep). Then I tried to go into the alarm sound selection and clicked on one of them, it gave me an error saying something like it cannot be changed or ring while on call. 

So it seems like my Note 10+ often thinks that it is having a call at that moment.

Not sure if it is a device/hardware or software issue. But thinking to return and get a replacement as it is a big deal for that expensive phone.

Also as a side note, I am not using any screen protectors. I still have the preinstalled one came with the package.

Does anyone having this issue?

Thanks!

32 REPLIES 32
Bhupinderjit
First Poster
Options

I had same issue. And I was facing every few hours. Then recalled when it happend last time. I was on a whatsapp call and I received Google Duo call which I had disconnected. Since then it was happening. For you it may be other case.

But then I forced stop Google Duo and it worked. If its happening to you, try to recall and disable apps which can be causing this.

0 Likes
Nikki333
Student
Options

Yes my volume is not working as well on my Note 10 plus I can be in my car listening to my music and the sound will decrease on its own, I've even used an auxiliary cord and it's still decreases and if you have your phone on do not disturb mode you cannot hear any volume until you take your phone off Do not Disturb mode it bothers me because I spent so much money on this phone. They need to get this together why would I or anyone else purchase a phone that's over $1,000 and they don't have their s*** together! 

If something is broke you normally take it back I know they wouldn't like it if all of  their consumers requested a refund

0 Likes
Nikki333
Student
Options
its not your ring everyone is having this issue and I don't even have Ring
Note10plus5G
First Poster
Options

Im having the same kind of problem with playing videos with lowest volume and have to restart the phone to fix it and i notice  it happens when I receive the call and after the call ends if I play video from galery it plays with lowest volume which I can not raise the volume and everytime I have to restart the phone. Sometime I try to play a video and it says can not play the video during the call and at that time I'm not even on the call and only fix is to restart the phone, don't knkw how to fix this problem permanently as I'm really getting sick if these problems 

0 Likes
Sushil23
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my Galaxy Note 10+. The problem occurred a few months before and it was fixed automatically I don't know how. But from the last 2-3 days, the same problem has started to appear once again. And now the other problem is after some video calls or online classes, the external sound from the device comes from the earpiece only which is disgusting. I have to always restart my phone to get back it to normal.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I'm to having same problem when I use my official samsung type c to hdmi with elgato hd60s on my Samsung galaxy note 10 plus if I on my mic in game my game sound comes out from phone speakers and in volume it's showing call mode option plz if anyone have solution of this issue please reply to me thank you

0 Likes
Drewcookies
First Poster
Options

From the jist and overall theme of how this post is resolving itself, I would reccomend taking a look and thought about what you have put on your phone that relates to those setting (could be lots). 

My best course of action if you are still convinced the problem is your phone, just do a reset. You will remove about 90% of the guessing at about this problem. Its seems to be very common now that apps are requiring permissions that allow them to change settings sytem wide. Im not sure what apps you have installed but it could literally be anything.

0 Likes
Puchilu
First Poster
Options

It's the ring app for me. It may do the same with other apps if you don't havea ring which means it's android or samsung with the underlyimg problem. I know everytime i check my camera, even if i don't turn the mike on on it, it thinks I'm on a call and once i force stop it, it's fixed. Just wish therr was a permanent solution as the ring app is a necessity as of now and if it's as you say with you, it may not even totally fix the problem since other apps may be causing it too. 

VickieR
Journeyman
Options
It is the Ring app for me as well. I did not have this issue until an update in my Ring about a while back.
0 Likes
VickieR
Journeyman
Options

I have done a reset on my phone there is no simply fix.  It needs to be fixed by Samsung or the Ring, not sure which one. But for me the issue started with a Ring app update.

0 Likes