Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ zoom camera much more vivid than others

(Topic created on: 01-09-2019 08:35 PM)
Drandywright
Student
Options

I have had my Note 10+  for 5 days. When using the video camera and zooming, I have noticed a very noticable change from muted to vivid colours when it switches to the 2x camera. The colour on the 2x camera seems way too vivid and changing HDR settings doesn't help. There is no noticeable change going the other way  when going to normal to wide angle.

Is this normal ?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ShaneP
Journeyman
Options

@Drandywright wrote:

I have had my Note 10+  for 5 days. When using the video camera and zooming, I have noticed a very noticable change from muted to vivid colours when it usps tracking switches to the 2x camera. The colour on the 2x camera seems way too vivid and changing HDR settings doesn't help. There is no noticeable change going the other way  when going to normal to wide angle.

Is this normal ?

Its just that the camera lenses, apertures and color science are different.

Regards,
Shane

Drandywright
Student
Options
Hi Shane,
No it's not that. It doesn't happen on photography. I have also tried another video app and it doesn't happen there either. It is the samsung photo app seems to be switching to a more vivid color profile when it switches to zoom lens (it makes my lawn look vivid emerald !)
0 Likes
Drandywright
Student
Options
I figured it out ...

It's the HDR10+ video setting hidden in advanced options. If that is on it appears it kicks in only as you zoom past 2.0x and it switches lenses and it makes everything extremely vivid. Switching it off fixed it and now as I zoom the comor profile stays constant across all three lenses 😀
0 Likes