Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 cracked screen

(Topic created on: 29-09-2019 10:35 AM)
dcavni
Explorer
Options

A month old. From day 1 in Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and last two weeks with Whitestone dome screen protector. I took it from the pocket in the evening (i was driving with the car before when i put it in the pocket after a call and it was ok) and found this. It cracked above the power button throughout the whole screen. The crack on the screen protector above that one was made by me, when i was checking if the screen actualy cracked. The screen and touch still works fine. How is this even possible, that the screen cracks inside the front pants pocket by itself? Aren't phones designed for carrying them in pocket? There was nothing else in the pocket that could cause the crack and also, the crack started at the very beggining of the glass 2 mm inside the case. I found some simillar cases of spontaneus cracks in the same way on the Samsung phones on the internet. It looks like manufacture defect, but how to proove it to the Samsung service center? I have had only Samsung phones until now and also in the family we have 3 more and not even 1 had a broken screen until now. I will certanly rethink my brand decision if i will have to pay for apparent manufacturing defect even for the price of loosing S-pen.

The realy expensive phone is becoming even more expensive...

109 REPLIES 109
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

Samsung!  How many Note10 phones need to mysterying break before you acknowledge you have a problem?   My Note10+ new/mint broke just under the power button as well sitting upright on a table while watching tv..   you just sent me a bill for $400 saying I dropped it?   How fair is this??

ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

Same thing happened to me.  I've spent days trying to get Samsung to help with this.  They deny it's happening and are charging me $400!   This is so unfair.  New phone in mint condition.  I've even showed them this thread of photos.  No go.  Jerks.  

0 Likes
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

How many or or have to deal with this issue before they will admit the screens are cracking on their own?   

0 Likes
RickBailey99
Journeyman
Options

Cost me $300 from certified Samsung repair shop don't pay 400

0 Likes
MicheleBelotti
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I am in the same situation, so I perfectly understand your situation.

2 month old $1000 phone and cracked screen... and $280 to repair.

My concusion: do not trust seller when they tell you that Galaxy note 10+ has the best screen (I had galaxy s2, s4, s7 and none of them had issue).

When you purchase $1000 phone and you expect something amazing about build quality, real life is different than expectations.

For Samsung: many customers will change to different companies due to the lack of your material and the bad customer service (the one on the phone made me angrier and didn't let me finish to talk).

After 9 years of being a customer, today I am not sure if Samsung will be again in my future

0 Likes
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

It's a terrible situstuon.  I've been called a liar.   People have been so rude to me..  for being honest.  I fought with Samsung and their repair company for days.  I contacted Samsung Canada head office and just got nowhere.  They just kept saying I dropped the phone and it wasn't going to be covered. The repair bill was $400!   In Canada that phone is over $1000..  and I did not drop it!!!   It cracked on it's own and I don't care anymore who believes me or not.  I wrote them one more time..  and I said fine..  I'll pay..   but how do you explain so many people.having the same crack in the same place?   All claiming it happened on their own..   they stopped replying. I was sick over it.  2 days later I got an email from the shipping company..   the sent my phone back repaired.  I should be so happy but I'm not.  They were so rude to me..  and now I'm scared of this phone..  that it's going to break again.  I've thought about it lots and I think it's best to sell it and walk away from Samsung.  Im very disappointed.  Also I'm sorry to all of those who have not been as lucky as I have been.  Don't give up.  Stand your ground and good luck.  

0 Likes
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

They wanted to charge me $400..  and Samsung Experience store..   5 hours away..  wanted to charge me $530 I think? 

0 Likes
MicheleBelotti
Journeyman
Options

I wonder when Samsung people will read all those forums (US too) and finally open their eyes and see the damage they are creating to their own company.

Many loyal customers (like me) will obviously change products.

If I have to spend money, I want product is worth the money I spent.

And since there are so many  people I wonder when there will be a recall or a class action against Samsung

0 Likes
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

I sent this link to Samsung and the repair company in one of my final emails. Maybe this is why they sent me the phone repaired after saying they would not.  Who knows with them really.  Obviously there is an issue.  I'm beyond done at this point.  They have ruined it for me.  This is not my 1st Samsung mess but it is my last.  

0 Likes
MicheleBelotti
Journeyman
Options

They asked my email all the time I called them, but I never got any of their emails (I checked spam too).

Not sure if they are afraid I put in the email all my words (I did not use any offensive words, just tell them how bad quality is the phone and expected something better for their top level product)

0 Likes