Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Plus 5G

(Topic created on: 15-11-2019 11:30 AM)
Note10User4
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've been having a slight issue with the signal of LTE/4G/4G+ and bands the phone is connecting to.

The phone seems to be prioritising certain bands on Vodafone between 1 and 20 and in some cases it's prioritising a band which has 1 bar signal over another band which has 4 bars signal which I don't quite understand.

This is in turn resulting in speed spikes on speedtests of around 40-50Mb/s and then dropping to around 10Mb/s.

However during silly hours this issue kind of rectifies itself by stabilising at around 20-30Mb/s at around Midnight or 7am. I originally thought it was congestion but it's happening literally everywhere even on 3G and 4G+.

Is there any known issues with the Note 10 5G Plus in terms of signal and speed? Has anyone been able to achieve decent speeds because when I went into a Vodafone store the guy next to me speedtested using a Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and he got 80Mb/s whereas I got a meesly 7Mb/s.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Note10User4
First Poster
Options

You have mentioned that you have been able to achieve 32Mb/s was that a spike or did the speedtest finish on that result?

I'm convienced all of their Vodafone Unlimited Plans including Max are throttled.

I say this because it was a completely different experience on Voxi.

I might provide evidence to Vodafone regarding the Voxi network sim card and compare the speeds in a 4G+ area.

0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

32mbs has always been a spike, I typically end up at around 22/23. 

Today is poor - I am using the speedtest app from Milton Keynes, but I have noticed today that my local server switches from London to Maidenhead quite a bit. regardless, the outcome is still the same. 

0 Likes
Note10User4
First Poster
Options

If your getting over 10Mb/s it doesn't appear that your been throttled.

22/23 seems acceptable... On Voxi I was getting 20/30Mb/s it wasn't like some people with 300Mb/s but it was certainly more than 10Mb/s.

Luckily for me Vodafone has sent a replacement device (Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G) to me and i'm going to test the Unlimited Max sim and a Voxi sim I have with the exact same device to see if there's any differences later in a 4G+ area.

I do have to return the device but i'll do a test with both sims in each device and a speedtest neck and neck to ensure for certain it isn't been throttled.

It might be the device tbh.

I haven't actually tried it in another device but we will see the results later.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Strange... I'm usually more above 50 MB with LTE (not 5G), i had upto 70 MB. These are final results, not spikes.

I have note10+ LTE, there is no 5G here.

0 Likes
Note10User4
First Poster
Options
What plan and network are you on?
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Note10User4  Sorry i understand that it is an issue with vodafone in the UK, so my post does not add anything to the thread.

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I usually get around 40mbps download speeds.

The 4G signal in my area is not the best. 

I'm on pay as you go with EE

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Note10User4
First Poster
Options

I think EE use different bands compared to Vodafone?

Three UK seem to use 20 and 3

Vodafone seem to use 20 and 1.

0 Likes